Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
I agree that the Eagles sound has gotten worse since Glenn has left, as in they don’t sound as Eaglesy. But what I meant is just on the basis of how the song is performed someone might like Vince’s take of tequila sunrise vs Glenn’s etc. or like Linda singing desperado vs Don. I think that how well they performed is less opinionated because we can hold them to their high standards but how Glenn’s version of a song is compared to another persons is more personal taste.
Well, here you go with the 'Glenn's voice didn't really matter' stuff. It's only 'personal taste 'whether you prefer his singing, whereas the overall performance has to do with 'high standards'.

Guess what: the vocals of someone who has sung the songs for six months cannot & never will match the vocals of someone who sang them for 40 years, and that is not just a matter of 'personal taste'. The decline in quality of the vocals on these songs, you may be surprised to hear, is going to lower the 'high standards'.

Also, regarding your previous post to which Toni replied & I agree, how on earth can there be a 'review' of these shows without drawing comparisons? Talk about rewriting history. That seems to be what the people who are in favour of this want.