Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I forced myself to listen to two CDs. It was hard but I only cried once, during "It's Your Life." No videos yet though.
    I think that I would lose it on TYL too if I listened to it.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I think that it was UtW who said that she can look at young Glenn and enjoy doing so, but that she is having a harder time looking at older Glenn. I'm now feeling the same thing. I bought After Hours on CD from Amazon a few days ago, so that I would have all 5 Glenn solo studio albums on a physical format. I decided to reacquaint myself with the album because I didn't really enjoy it that much a few months ago. I also read some articles and watched some interviews that Glenn did when AH was released. I liked the album more than I remember liking it before, but I still have a hard time listening to the slower, mellower songs, which includes most of the AH album. I teared up several times when watching the interviews because of how short of a time he had left. It goes back to the "He was so full of life." thing.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I agree with you ladies as well!! Makes me super sad looking at older Glenn, but I know that younger Glenn was full of life!! One of the songs that I still cry on is A Walk In The Dark!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I knew about the possible role on "Roadies" from Cameron Crowe's article and Entertainment Weekly hinted too about that album he was working on. I really hope that gets finished as well. I remember George Harrison was too before he passed and his son Dhani and Jeff Lynn finished it and it became "Brainwashed". I would've love to read his autobiography/memoir too as well as an "After Hours" DVD. And had no clue about the musical. Was it going to be like "Jersey Boys"? I love that musical/movie and have been wondering for years if there ever would be a film or something like that about the Eagles besides the "History" doc.
    I do remember that... I'm a huge beatles fan too. that was a bad day for me when he left us. they finished the album and did a concert sometime later. I truly think when they get over the initial shock of things and adjusting to his passing then they will plan something. I just hope and pray ALL OF THEM will be there. it made me smile when they all were at the hall of fame. something like that for this would make us all happy

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

While I still find it hard to believe he is gone I find myself eing so greatful he is not t suffering

We watched history video and while it was hard, I am so grearful for it.
    He is on video for all to see for generations to coe

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I think that it was UtW who said that she can look at young Glenn and enjoy doing so, but that she is having a harder time looking at older Glenn. I'm now feeling the same thing. I bought After Hours on CD from Amazon a few days ago, so that I would have all 5 Glenn solo studio albums on a physical format. I decided to reacquaint myself with the album because I didn't really enjoy it that much a few months ago. I also read some articles and watched some interviews that Glenn did when AH was released. I liked the album more than I remember liking it before, but I still have a hard time listening to the slower, mellower songs, which includes most of the AH album. I teared up several times when watching the interviews because of how short of a time he had left. It goes back to the "He was so full of life." thing.
    oh wow... you guys too? I told you guys that my kindle is all eagles. I have more pics of them younger than now. I have Felder Meisner and of course Henley from today. I only have two of Glenn from today. I have a very hard time looking at him too. it's almost like i'd rather. cause it was a happier time back then.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I forced myself to listen to two CDs. It was hard but I only cried once, during "It's Your Life." No videos yet though.
    Good for you, soda. I'm usually okay looking at pictures and even watching videos now, but I still haven't listened to a CD. I guess I need to do that soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I haven't listened to a whole CD but my In Memoriam playlist on iTunes is helping me. Yesterday I heard PEF from HFO, NMCD & IYWN. They all helped as did songs by other artists about losing someone.

However, as for crying, it appears that I will not do so.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I personally listened to the debut album the weekend after Glenn passed away. I felt better for it although there were a couple of songs that caught me by surprise - one was PEF ('This voice keeps whispering in my other ear, telling me I may never see you again' ) and the other one, which I really wasn't expecting, was Chug All Night ('On the day that I die, I just might scream, if I'm alive in the morning, I'll be alive in a dream'). Conversely, Take It Easy cheered me up as much as ever and MOUAS was comforting. I have listened to plenty of other tracks too. One of the best things I've found is to listen to the harder rockers, it's kind of reassuring to listen to Out Of Control or Heartache Tonight and hear his voice as loud and proud as ever. The lyrics of My Man are also resonating very strongly for me right now.

Today I was on a train journey and decided to listen to the Desperado album in full. I knew this would be quite moving as the album deals with life and death and is darker in tone than the debut. I was moved during Saturday Night in particular, and even more so by the magnificent Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise). But there was something very positive I could draw from the lyrics 'Is there gonna be anything left?' Yes, there is - namely all the great music Glenn and the other Eagles have left us, which I am sure will still stand up when they have all gone (hopefully not for a long time), and hopefully when we have all gone.

I'll end by naming five non-Eagles songs that have also been comforting in this sad time:
    - Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan)
    - Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
    - Don't Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young)
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pink Floyd) (hence my current signature)
    - Find The River (R.E.M.)

Three weeks today. I broke down listening to the third verse of "Most of Us Are Sad" in the car... the one where you can hear Glenn clearly as he sings with Randy: "Love is here today... oh, the sun was bright. I will sing you far away... love is here tonight."

So many of those song's lyrics are relevant now. The song has always been grossly underrated, I think, but it takes on even more significance at a time like this.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten