Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: South of Sunset

Default Re: Glenn Frey TV Series 'South of Sunset'

Very cool - thanks! I'll just merge the threads to keep it easier to follow.

However, when I click on the link, I get an error.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey TV Series 'South of Sunset'

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Very cool - thanks! I'll just merge the threads to keep it easier to follow.

However, when I click on the link, I get an error.

I fixed the link in the previous post. I don't know what happened. but it's slightly different today. Hmmm.

http://southofsunset.org/
    Last edited by djfitzgerald111; 07-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Default Re: South of Sunset

Thanks for fixing the link!

BTW I don't know if you've seen this, but I've got some pages on this show, too, that you might find helpful:

http://glennfreyonline.com/solo/movi...thofsunset.htm

Here are some additional photos:

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for fixing the link!

BTW I don't know if you've seen this, but I've got some pages on this show, too, that you might find helpful:

http://glennfreyonline.com/solo/movi...thofsunset.htm
    Is that your page? I own hard copies of all the prints of SoS on my page except one. I saw the one with the watermark and didn't look any deeper.

I'd love to use them and credit your site if that works for you.

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by cbecrad View Post
    Well just watched it...all I can say really is eh...show wasn't awful, kind of typical of the time. But the story line was pretty lame IMO. I didn't really understand the mother's motive to drug her daughter and leave her in a motel?? Glenn's a decent actor. Looked gorgeous though . And Aries is funny.
    The girls mother had to set up the daughter to get blackmail photos. That is why she was drugged and left in the hotel room. Plotwise it was a little thin. Frey could have used some more coaching, but sometimes that is how TV series develop. The show was pretty standard fare for the early 90's, and I didn't think that it deserved to be canceled right away like it was. We'll see if the other episodes get better, they typically do. I have copies coming from two sources and I will try to splice together what I can.

Glenn continued being coached throughout the filming of the series. I have heard an interview in which he stated that he loved learning the acting process. In reading & listening to various interviews over the years I have heard him say about many things that he loves to continue to learn. I am sure that if the series had continued he would have continued being coached.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Glenn continued being coached throughout the filming of the series. I have heard an interview in which he stated that he loved learning the acting process. In reading & listening to various interviews over the years I have heard him say about many things that he loves to continue to learn. I am sure that if the series had continued he would have continued being coached.
    CBS has always been the most risk-averse of the big three networks. People want something new and edgy, network executives want formulas that have worked in the past. It is that constant tug-of-war between the people who create TV, and those who broadcast it. While I understand that many Eagles fans are happy about the shows demise, it could have been successful had it gone through more development. SoS came and went before the internet age took root, so there is little written information available and Hollywood people aren't very big on talking about work they did twenty years ago. They either want to move forward or get on with their retirement.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I love those pictures!!! Glenn is super hot and would love to see some more episodes of SOS.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by djfitzgerald111 View Post
    Is that your page? I own hard copies of all the prints of SoS on my page except one. I saw the one with the watermark and didn't look any deeper.

I'd love to use them and credit your site if that works for you.
    Yeah, these are my sites. I didn't take those photos, but if you want to credit that you found them here, that's cool with me.