Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Eagles Hologram Tour- What If?

Default An Eagles Hologram Tour- What If?

It is possible that some time in the future the remaining band members and Glenn’s estate give the go-ahead for an Eagles hologram tour. The idea is not as far-fetched as it might have seemed a few years ago or even one year ago. There have already been concert “performances” by Michael Jackson and Tupac Shakur. Plans are in the works for Ronnie James Dio, Frank Zappa and Roy Orbison to “tour” as holograms. Amy Winehouse, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly and Liberace are also possibilities (the former 2 were supposed to have already happened but I don’t know if they worked out).

According to Holograms USA, the company developing the technology, it’s “the future of live entertainment.”

”Meet the man determined to make celebrity holograms a major Hollywood draw” L.A. Times, Oct. 9, 2017

And it’s not limited to artists who have passed on; ABBA recently announced a hologram tour for 2019 even though all 4 members are alive and presumably healthy. This way they can earn tour revenue without the rigors of actually going out on the road.

”ABBA preparing to embark on hologram tour in 2019”, wjla.com, Sept. 19, 2017

So if the Eagles did this, would you be in? It would be the closest many of us who didn’t see them in the 70s would come to seeing their younger selves playing live.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: An Eagles Hologram Tour- What If?

That's crazy, but I guess not beyond the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Irving arranged this at some point. I don't know if I'd see it though. I was born in the 80s, so it would be the closest I'd get to seeing their younger selves live, but I don't know about paying to see holograms...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I have wondered about this. As technology keeps changing, especially with virtual reality, I feel this will become more common. I'd be up for checking it out just to see more how the tech is. Reminds me of something my Dad said years ago that computer generated images (CGI) would get so realistic that it would look like your watching something real and that it would open up the possibility that dead actors and musicians would come back in new things if the family ok'd it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    That's crazy, but I guess not beyond the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Irving arranged this at some point. I don't know if I'd see it though. I was born in the 80s, so it would be the closest I'd get to seeing their younger selves live, but I don't know about paying to see holograms...
    And how much would Irving charge for THAT ?
    I would never pay to see a hologram of ABBA - they are all still alive !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    And how much would Irving charge for THAT ?
    I would never pay to see a hologram of ABBA - they are all still alive !
    Surely Irving would realize the market probably isn’t big enough to charge exorbitant prices.

It does seem strange to pay to see a hologram performance of artists who are still alive but ABBA haven’t toured since the early 80s. From what I understand, they still don’t want to tour. This would be the only way for their fans to see them perform “live.” Plus you’d be seeing the 70s version of them, when they were young, hot and happening.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I don't really like the sound of this. If you're going to produce a concert with holograms, then why wouldn't you produce a show with the hologram and release it on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital format to save the cost of renting a venue?

Maybe when they're long gone, I would sing a different tune, but live music is supposed to have some elements of spontaneity at times. It doesn't go perfectly all the time.

Would I be surprised for it to occur? No, but I would not see it unless I had nothing else to do or it was a lot cheaper than usual.

Sorry for sounding so negative and unwilling to break from tradition. It was an interesting hypothetical scenario, Delilah.

Stuck on the Border

I'm reposting something from a WSJ article for a few years ago (now subscribers only):
    Now that their fans have demonstrated a willingness to snap up $1,000 seats, the live-music industry is trying to figure out what to offer them next. But banking on the participation of any one act appears increasingly risky, especially given the unexpected deaths this year of artists such as Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey, rocker David Bowie and pop star Prince.
    “We’re getting old,” Eagles manager Irving Azoff said at a panel event earlier this week, noting that four of his management clients, including Mr. Frey, had died.

Mr. Konowitch said the idea for RockmaniaLive was born several years ago when a group of booking-agency heads and promoters warned him against managing certain classic rock acts because it wasn’t clear how much longer they could tour.
    He began researching the economics of symphonic tribute shows, which he discovered could reliably draw as many as 6,000 fans thanks to their nostalgia for the music and loyalty to their local orchestras—no matter how clumsy or “cheesy” the production, he said.

To help line up some initial individual investors—whom Mr. Konowitch declined to disclose—he hired Grammy-winning producer Rob Cavallo, known for his work with punk’s Green Day and rock’s Dave Matthews Band, and composer David Campbell, the father of Beck, to arrange classic-rock albums for orchestras that will perform alongside carefully cast guitarists, bassists and drummers. Vocalists will sing on only a few of the songs in a given show, in front of giant screens displaying elaborate visual effects.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/rockmani...nds-1475208061

I would see it in the spirit of it bring a glorified concert video that I was watching with fellow fans.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I would see it in the spirit of it bring a glorified concert video that I was watching with fellow fans.
    This is how I would view it. If expectations were low and everyone knew that it was going to be nothing like a real concert I’d have no issue going to one. I’m sure it would be interesting at least

I agree with Soda.

This would possibly be the only way for me to see Randy perform and with them all in their heyday... I would most likely be in.