Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Another Glenn voiceovers. He talks about New Kid In town. Best vocal arrangement and his favorite song he sings. My favorite song sung by Glenn.
    I heard that—he said NKIT is the band’s best vocal arrangement. I didn’t know that was his favorite lead song. Judging by his voice the interview may have taken place in the 80s (?).

The extra bits of info are interesting and Joe’s stories were great. The historian David Fricke may be a bit loosey goosey with some of his facts. I’m looking forward to hearing Don do his DJ stint. And Vince is doing one too.

Listening to the live tracks from the ‘76 Forum is awesome, esp. Witchy Woman and James Dean—before, I only heard the bootlegs.

In addition to TITTL, they also played TIE from the Classic West Concert. Deacon sounded really good and Vince’s backing vocal was clearly heard.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Heard some Longbranch Pennywhistle last night. I know there was word of reissuing the album from JD, any news on that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Heard some Longbranch Pennywhistle last night. I know there was word of reissuing the album from JD, any news on that yet?
    It’s funny you ask that. I just posted an interview with J.D. where he doesn’t give glowing reviews of the LB album. It was from last year though so maybe he’d be open to a new release. I imagine Glenn’s estate would also have to ok it. I haven’t heard anything specific about it though.

Border Rebel

I'm really enjoying Don Henley and his playlist. He's had a varied list of artists including Ray Charles, Trisha Yearwood, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, and Don McLean.

I enjoyed his playlist. Their were some artists I've never heard of and some songs I've never heard by the artists I knew. I was surprised to hear Its Your World Now.

Don bring up about Glenn when he was talking about Bob.

Don needs his own radio show on Sirius or somewhere. He's got that radio voice.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm definitely enjoying the channel, except for the new band stuff during which I will change the channel. Definitely love hearing the live tracks from the Forum in '76. So looking forward to my copy of the 40th anniversary HC CD. Love it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

A brief overview of Don’s segment for those who may be interested.

I could tell he enjoys talking and informing, lol. It was so different from Joe’s (and much longer). E.g. Joe would say something like ‘this song came out in 1961...or maybe 1962...heck I don’t remember when it came out!’ Don would give the month and year of recording and release as well as the name of the album.

Here is the song list. Each comes highly recommended by Don who praised each one of the artist with one exception. Most are people Don worked with at some point. Not surprising are some selections with social commentary on current affairs. They may be out of order b/c I was listening to different parts of the segment as it ran twice.

1. Everybody’s Famous - Jeffery Foucult
    2. So Like Candy - Elvis Costello
    3. Heartache - A Girl Like Eddy
    4. You Don’t Know Me - Ray Charles
    5. Walkaway Joe - Trisha Yearwood
    6. Life’s Not the Way It Used to Be - Merle Haggard
    7. Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
    8. Ashley Munroe - Like a Rose
    9. Funky New President - James Brown
    10. Sin City - Flying Burrito Brothers
    11. Rock Me on the Water - Jackson Browne
    12. Bad News Travels Fast - JD Souther
    13. Best of Times - Sheryl Crow
    14. Putin - Randy Newman
    15. Democracy - Leonard Cohen
    16. Loudon Wainwright - Thanksgiving
    17. Little Victories - JD Souther
    18. A Few Words in Defense of Our Country - Randy Newman
    19. A Young Man’s Town - Vince Gill
    20. Outrageous (?) - Paul Simon
    21. Calling Me - Kenny Rogers (sounds like Don sings bg vocals)
    22. Still the Same - Bob Seger
    23. Last Dance with Mary Jane - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    24. It’s Your World Now*
    25. Skylark - Linda Ronstadt
    26. I Wave Bye-bye - Jesse Winchester
    27. I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
    28. Adios - Glen Campbell
    29. Beatles Medley
    30. Auld Lang Syne - Patty Smyth

Hopefully I didn’t skip any. No Stevie Nicks/FM

*I may have missed it but Don gave no intro or said anything about this song like he did the others. I suppose he couldn’t bring himself to say anything.

Border Rebel

Wow Delilah, you are such a thorough note taker! I didn't listen to the whole thing, maybe 2/3rds or so. He also played "Vincent" by Don McLean somewhere near the beginning, around 4 or 5? It's such a beautiful song from the early 70s. And I agree about Don's radio voice, Shun.

Border Rebel

That's so sad about Your World Now. I'm glad Don included it on his playlist.

Vincent is one of my favorite songs ever. So poignant and haunting and the lyrics are pure poetry.

That was Don singing on Calling Me. They played Dirty Laundry before Don introduced the first song.

I liked Heartache, Bad News Travels Fast, Little Victories, A Young Man's Town, Outrageous, Calling Me, Skylark, I Wave Bye-Bye, and Adios. I always loved the song I Hope You Danced. I love hearing the background story of Walkaway Joe. So they found Matthew in Austin. Look at him now.

I didn't like Democracy. I was ready for the song to end. It was too long.

They are finally playing Travis Tritt's version of Take It Easy.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley