Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I was looking at a few videos of Vince playing with pop and rock stars. Vince did a special called CMT Country Crossroads when he paired with Sting. He sang If I Ever Lose My Faith and other songs(I had to look much deeper on YouTube. I have the special on my DVR). He sang on the Country Rhythm and Blues album(that came out the same time as Common Thread) and sang with Gladys Knight. He and Michael McDonald wrote a song together on his When Love Finds You album (Michael sang backup on that song). He sang with future wife Amy Grant back in the 90s. He sang with Kelly Clarkson, James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Barbra Streisband(the song is called If You Ever Leave Me. I love this duet), he sang a Beatles song with Sting, Pharnell Williams(he didn't sing, but he was on drums), and Dave Matthews.

I think I'm going my mind about Vince singing the rocking songs. I think he can actually do a good job on that.

Its going to be interesting with what songs Deacon and Vince will sing and I really hope they will showcase their guitar skills.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Are you going to either of these Shun?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Don't I wish. I can't afford to go anyway where I can't drive there. NYC and CA are a little expensive to fly out from my airport and I don't want to drive to New Orleans just to get cheaper flights. I just hope Irving is smart enough to do it live or record it.

I'm trying to keep things positive about this and this is the only thread.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Check out "Runaway Train" by Alice Cooper--yes, that is Vince on lead guitar! He's plays lead on another track "I Gotta Get Outta Here."

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRJJrSLpVQ[/ame]

And thanks for keeping this thread positive, Shun. Anyone here get one-day tickets yet?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Wow!!! I didn't know Vince played on Alice's album. Actually he played on two songs from the album.

If I remembered. Vince knows Alice because Vince and Alice use to play golf in the 90s for a charity tournament(I forgot what it was called) and VH1 would televised it every year. It was different singers and actors if I remembered paired up with another celebrity or pro. I can't remembered. Its been years.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Charitybuzz is auctioning off two floor tickets to Classic West. Big bonus: you get to meet Joe Walsh! And get a guitar signed by the band at the festival.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_...n-july-1295601

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Oh wow, I didn't know Vince was on Alice's song either.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Charitybuzz is auctioning off two floor tickets to Classic West. Big bonus: you get to meet Joe Walsh! And get a guitar signed by the band at the festival.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_...n-july-1295601
    The current bid is $4000 with 5+ days left. Woo-hoo! So there's still time everyone!

Reading the other threads, it seems PEF has now been performed by Timothy, Don H, Deacon and Vince (Don F has also covered it but it appears he won't be at these concerts). The only one who hasn't is Joe. So now it seems a toss-up on who will be singing it, assuming it's part of the setlist.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think PEF will be part of the setlist. I just don't see them dropping PEF.

Since the setlist will be very different, here's the songs I think they will play:
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Hotel California
    Take it Easy
    I Can't Tell You Why
    One Of These Nights
    The Long Run
    Heartache Tonight
    Desperado
    New Kid In Town
    Tequila Sunrise
    Life In The Fast Lane
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Funk 49-i would love to see either Vince or Deacon did that guitar solo duel Glenn and Joe use to do before the song. Maybe Deacon.
    The Long Run
    Dirty Laundry-they usually have this song in there for short sets.
    Lyin' Eyes
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    Already Gone
    Witchy Woman
    In The City
    Love Will Keep Us Alive

They might throw in some surprises. They might add songs they haven't sang in years, but I see them keeping the songs they played in concert for 40 something years.

I really hope Don is on the drums. He might be a little rusty since he hasn't played drums in concert since the Grammys and Glenn's memorial service.

Banned

It'll be interesting to see what they choose as the opener. I could see the first two songs being Take it Easy by Deacon and Vince singing Tequila Sunrise. Just one of many scenarios I have concocted in my mind. Seven Bridges Road might be more logical.