Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favoruite moments from the Capital Centre DVD

Border Troubadour

Default Favoruite moments from the Capital Centre DVD

Apologies if this has been done before, but I saw it done for F1 and although there's not much to go at I still have a few moments on this DVD I really like:

- Joe's wonderful firecracker speech after Hotel California
    - Joe's head-bobbing during NKIT
    - Joe's knowing stare during after one of the 'one more time's in TITTL
    - Glenn's enormous smile and the audience's cheer when Randy pulls off the long note during the above song
    - Felder's solo during OOTN, the more I hear it the more I think it's one of the best an Eagle ever did
    - The general merriness before, during and after Take It Easy

Anyone else?

Default Re: Favoruite moments from the Capital Centre DVD

I think this has been mentioned in other threads but we've never had a thread dedicated solely to our favorite moments. Good idea! You've named several that came to mind immediately, especially Glenn's smile. I'll have to give it some thought for some others!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love Glenn's smile on that DVD! Great idea for a discussion thread. I must watch the DVD again to get some more ideas! (Any excuse!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I have to re watch it again....but I love the fact that we have the whole thing.. I so wish there were more eagles dvds to watch and enjoy.
    I love the young happy Gf and drum roll please the butt shot of glenn as he turns and smiles (sorry)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't recognize this dvd.....is it Houston 76?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Sorry, I should specify, it's the one that came with the Deluxe edition (I think) of the History of the Eagles doc. Washington March '77 if that helps.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ahhhh,
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - tlr. I did my homework and watched the DVD again last night at the same time I was watching the Grammy Awards show. Let me just say, IMHO, the performances on the DVD outshined those on the television by far!

You have already listed some of my favorites, so I'll mention some different ones. But, first of all, regarding Joe's firecracker remark, it cracks me up at the end when Glenn says "Thank you, Joe". I think "Really - why is he thanking him for that?" I guess Glenn thought that was very useful advice.

To be honest, I practically love every moment of the entire DVD, but I'll restrain myself and give others a chance too. I'll add other favorites later if no one else mentions them, but for now, I'll list one from each song that I really like to spread the love around ...

Hotel California - The interaction between Joe and Felder during the ending solos is always a highlight for me. I never tire of watching and listening to it.

New Kid In Town - Randy's prominent harmonies are just incredibly spectacular.

Take It To the Limit - How both Glenn and Randy smile when Randy nails the high notes near the end.

One of These Nights - Love how Felder grins around the 18:15 mark.

Lyin' Eyes - Love the overall passion, energy, and upbeat tempo, which is really noticeable in Don's drumming. I love the way he holds the drumsticks here.

Rocky Mountain Way - I just love Glenn's enthusiastic keyboard work, as well as, his dancing and clapping.

The Best of My Love - My favorite part is the way Don cuts his eyes over at about the 37:10 mark.

Take It Easy - Okay, here's where I'm going to cheat a little bit because I love everything about it. This is one of the most inspired, energic, and fun performances I've ever seen from this band. The band is truly in its prime at this time, and this performance epitomizes that - the way the synergy between the band and the audience is captured here is simply incredible.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hotel California - all of it! Nuff said!

[QUOTE=You have already listed some of my favorites, so I'll mention some different ones. But, first of all, regarding Joe's firecracker remark, it cracks me up at the end when Glenn says "Thank you, Joe". I think "Really - why is he thanking him for that?" I guess Glenn thought that was very useful advice.
    [/QUOTE]

He's thanking Joe because there were so many assholes at concerts in the 70's throwing firecrackers on stage. I wouldn't be surprised if someone threw one before that speech is made. We won't know unless we get to see the whole concert some time.

I remember hearing about one drummer (don't remember who) that was hit by an M80 during a concert! It really is a public service announcement even if it was a smart ass one.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69