Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

After Soda started a similar thread about the Eagles, I thought it would be fun to have a topic for all of the guys. The only difference is that you can include Don's solo material or covers. I'm gonna have to think about my answer a bit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

He's done it live before, as recently as 2000, but I'd love to hear it in person: Talking to the Moon. What an amazing song; the build up starting with "Goodbye, rodeo" and continuing to "I. WAS. JUST. Talking to the moon" is one of the most dramatic and powerful vocal moments of any Henley song ever recorded. Seeing it performed on his video gave me chills - I can only imagine what it would be like to be in that audience, hearing it live.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

Okay - I'm going to stick with one song again for now, and come back later with some others. So here it is - Taking You Home. I think I would have to break down and cry if I ever saw this live. It is an absolutely beautiful song.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

My favorite Don Song is Last Worthless Evening. I wish if I could ever see him in person that he would sing that song.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Heart Of The Matter is definitely my first choice here. Also wouldn't mind I Will Not Go Quietly (but only with Axl Rose singing the backup part like on the album), and The End Of The Innocence (but again with Bruce Hornsby playing on it).

I am very thankful that I have gotten to see him and the boys do Boys Of Summer because that was such a special song for me in the 80s.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Long Way Home or Lilah
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

The Boys Of Summer or maybe Annabel

auntmeda:}

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemelly9 View Post
    The Boys Of Summer or maybe Annabel
    You will get your wish when you see them LM--Boys Of Summer is on the playlists!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Heart Of The Matter - my favorite Don song!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PM, I have to go with "Heart of the Matter" too. I loved that song years ago, way before I actually became smitten with Don!
    I love the words, the melody, the meaning, the way Don sings it-I love everything about that song. If I could hear him sing that song live, my life would be complete!

"How can love survive in such a graceless age?"