Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What band/artist are you into at the moment?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What band/artist are you into at the moment?

Oh OK, thanks Austin! Strange as I never had to do that before! ETA: I see now; the 's' shows up in the Firefox link but not the IE link.

Anyway Bowie's album The Next Day is wonderful & I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I like the Doobies!

My favorite song of theirs would have to be Listen To The Music... But I really like China Grove, Long Train Runnin', Jesus Is Just Alright, etc. "Black Water" is the only one I can't stand and I don't know why. Otherwise I really like their music.
    Lol! I never knew the words to the first line of Black Water until this year! (It's Well I've built me a raft and it's ready for floating). While it's not one I play a lot I do appreciate the lyrics (now) and how the essence of the song has a nice New Orleans, Mississippi vibe. My least favorite hit is probably China Grove. I'm not sure why. I love Listen To the Music, too, and always have. The Doobie Brothers is an example of a band that put out positive, feel good music.

Here's a video I just love! Great rockin' performance!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=heFYYmrd620[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

David Bowie is great FP. I'm partial to the Ziggy and Diamond Dogs eras but all of his music is pretty good. We do "Rebel Rebel" in our band and it's probably my favorite Bowie tune.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    David Bowie is great FP. I'm partial to the Ziggy and Diamond Dogs eras but all of his music is pretty good. We do "Rebel Rebel" in our band and it's probably my favorite Bowie tune.
    Classic song.

At one point someone was going to start a Bowie thread but hadn't done so. I guess I should.

Border Troubadour

Can't stop listening to the Bellamy Brothers at the moment. I think it all started when I went to download Let Your Love Flow and listened to the samples of some of their other stuff on iTunes. Their perpetual use of steel pedal is greatly appreciated

I can't stop playing the album "Howl" from The Mighty Oaks. Wonderful album!

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wasl89 View Post
    Lately I've been listening to The Alan Parsons Project and especially the first album called 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe'. It's just an amazing album, it never fails to amaze me!

Also some Guns N' Roses, Status Quo and John Lee Hooker albums find their way onto my turntable. Some friends describe me as a big music addict, and I never argue about that fact. Music is a big part of my life.
    I love Alan Parson's Project. A lot of diversity in their albums over the years. I like a lot of guest singers they feature on their albums, too. Very underrated and should get more recognition.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Some of my faves at the moment are:

Fitz and the Tantrums
    Jessie J.
    The Beach Boys
    The Shins
    Katy Perry

I recently downloaded some Styx songs, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Roads View Post
    I love Alan Parson's Project. A lot of diversity in their albums over the years. I like a lot of guest singers they feature on their albums, too. Very underrated and should get more recognition.
    Old and Wise is a beautiful song. Colin Blunstone plays it live still and the first time I heard him do it, I was in tears, I was so emotional.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ey-graves.html

Major Heart kick going on now..... Huge fan of that band. Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess and all 3 guitarists in that original band had great guitar parts.

I've been listening to their stuff forwards and backwards and I think my fave is still Straight On. That groove and drum beat is soooo infectious! That said I'm really digging Even It Up, Heartless, and Kick It Out - which weren't as well known as Barracuda, Crazy On You, Magic Man, etc but great little rock n' roll tunes. I dig their 80s stuff too but not as much. But Ann Wilson singing "Alone" with those high notes always gives me chills. But generally speaking from Dreamboat Annie to Bebe Le Strange is my favorite period.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."