Thread: New Episodes of my Webseries! (Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, Jimmy Buffett!)

Default New Episodes of my Webseries! (Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, Jimmy Buffett!)

Hello all!

It has been quite some time since I last posted here, as I've been busy finishing my undergrad. In the meanwhile, I've kept my online video series of movie reviews and music retrospectives going, and I've recently posted a couple of episodes that some folks here might enjoy!

My most recent episode was a Top Ten Countdown of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. I enjoyed producing this one a lot, so I'm planning on doing more Top Tens -- Tom Petty, The Who, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Bob Seger, Springsteen, the Stones, etc. Any requests??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04uoFMOJc0

Earlier, I began a series of reviews that look at notoriously "bad" albums put out by great artists. I start the show off with a look at "Dirty Work" (1986) by the Rolling Stones and then "Christmas Island" (1996) by Jimmy Buffett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7QvOxfiRT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEcZq7y-_w

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think! Also, tell me if you have any suggestions for other "bad" album reviews or Top Ten Countdowns (not Eagles -- too many copyright problems).

Finally, if you like show, please subscribe and find us on Twitter/facebook. Since I've graduated, I'm hoping to get more episodes out soon!
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New Episodes of my Webseries! (Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, Jimmy Buffett!)

Hi Rambo. I am sure when you last posted I asked if you could do a Top 10 list for Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler. If not then Led Zeppelin.

I admit that I had Dirty Work on vinyl but never bought the CD. However I think One Hit (To The Body) is a great track. I don't know the Buffett album at all.

I would be interested to see your take on any of Bob Dylan's 80s albums such as Empire Burlesque.

Regarding Fleetwood Mac I completely disagree with placing any of their solo songs in a Top 10 of the band. Stand Back, great though it is, is not a Fleetwood Mac song. As for Seven Wonders being #2... far too high.

The Chain is a great song, yes, but I would have had it about #5. When I saw them however they certainly didn't open with it. They opened with Monday Morning.

If you were going to include a segment on FM covers I would have placed it before you did the Top 10. The point of a countdown is surely to stick to the countdown. It's ironic, surely, that you ended up talking more about Don't Stop, which you say you are tired of, than some of your Top 10 songs. And I am sorry but there is only one version of Go Your Own Way.

I also disagree with your statement that Led Zeppelin crashed & burned. They did no such thing. They broke up after John Bonham's death.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-27-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Default Re: New Episodes of my Webseries! (Fleetwood Mac, the Stones, Jimmy Buffett!)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Hi Rambo. I am sure when you last posted I asked if you could do a Top 10 list for Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler. If not then Led Zeppelin.

I would be interested to see your take on any of Bob Dylan's 80s albums such as Empire Burlesque.

I also disagree with your statement that Led Zeppelin crashed & burned. They did no such thing. They broke up after John Bonham's death.
    A Dire Straits episode is very possible. I need to start listening to more Mark Knopfler solo records though. Led Zeppelin? Maybe. That one might take awhile. I honestly haven't listened to any of their albums all the way through. I don't want to make any lists without being thorough! Now, Bob Dylan in the '80s, however, will definitely be an episode at some point! I recall "Under the Red Sky" being pretty awful too.

The fun with a Top Ten is getting people to think about their own choices! I like getting comments from people who have their favorite songs listed too!

Zeppelin's reunion at Live Aid was pretty awful by their own admission, and their various solo careers couldn't hold a candle to the original band. AC/DC suffered a death right at the same time as Zeppelin, and they pulled through just fine! Zeppelin, much like the Eagles, pretty much sat the decade out. I do admit, however, I could have worded that better. I guess my point was that a significant number of the major music acts of the '70s could not keep the momentum going through the '80s.
    -Joe Walsh

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey Joe - nice to hear from you.

I watched a couple of your video productions and, as usual, thought they were quite entertaining. Although, my top ten Fleetwood Mac list would definitely differ from yours, I always enjoy your perspective. I really don't know what my top ten list would be for them, I just know it wouldn't include some of the ones you did. I recently saw FM live for the very first time ever, and thought they were great so maybe this would be a good time to work on a list!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hey Joe - nice to hear from you.

I watched a couple of your video productions and, as usual, thought they were quite entertaining...
    Thank you! Although everyone's Top Ten is going to be at least slightly different from mine, when making a webseries, my Number One goal is to be entertaining and enjoyable to watch!

Thanks for the comment!
    -Joe Walsh