Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

I agree! I would like more of a biopic. HOTE was definitely a documentary of the band. I would like something softer if that is the correct word. A flowing story of the behind the scenes and personal lives, the romances of the 70s. Something that the Eagles would probably NOT want - LOL!
    Last edited by Houston Baby; 04-15-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorna View Post
    Richard Armitage seems a very versatile actor as in these images he looks different in nearly every one. So I've posted the image link as there are several photos where he does look like he could play a very good Don Henley.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ri...w=1366&bih=576
    I LOVE Richard Armitage! But I don't know if I can see him as Don. Thanks for that page full of pics though Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Anyway, needless to say, I spent a long time debating over Don H and finally came up with the English actor Richard Armitage. He has clear blue eyes, chiselled features, a dark chocolate voice and bundles of sex appeal. Okay, he's 6 feet 4 but hey he plays a hobbit so he could get away with it!! And he is musical, he plays the cello and dances (The Argentine Tango is his favourite - swoon) I don't know if he can sing but who cares they can dub Don's voice. I'd be happy anyway to look at him and hear Don
    Yes ~ he would work. Mmmhmmm.

I was just thinking how alot of these dudes would have to lose weight to play the Eagles in the seventies, except for Bernie they were all so skinny.
    ~Sara

Out on the Border Restless Heart's Avatar

That's what they did in the movie Captain America, they made him look really skinny before his enhancements. I thought he'd just filmed that part earlier and then did intense body building for the other scenes but I read that they just made him look skinnier digitally.

Now it cost a lot of $$$$ to do that, not sure the movie company would pay that kind of money for an Eagles biopic, but it would work.

Out on the Border

Please. I don't want anybody to play the Eagles. We have enough footage of the real boiys...

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dombant View Post
    Even though he's old i think Danny Devito could play an AMAZING Irving Azoff. just saying.
    This!

Out on the Border

Default dopplegangers

anyone have some?

here are some I can think of:
    Leadon 1970s = can't think of anyone
    Leadon now = Aleister Crowley
    Meisner 1970s = Terry Kath (though someone shot down that idea)
    Henley then = Bob Ross
    Henley now = Robin Williams
    Frey = can't think of anyone
    Felder = Peter Cetera
    Walsh = Jeff Daniels
    Schmit = David Gilmour

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ag - I moved your post to this thread since it is essentially the same topic. There are some good ideas here, but some of you may come up with some fresh ideas.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've been waiting to post but I've actually been working on a Eagles fancast for a couple years and oddly after Glenn passed I finally found all the actors I would want/could see playing them. The actor I have for Glenn though I've pictured playing him for 3 years (thanks to the HOTE doc) and that's Colin O'Donoghue. I already posted a preview and why I think Colin would be a great choice for Glenn, as I'm a huge fan of his too, and he still keeps reminding me of Glenn. I'm posting the full one to my Tumblr very soon as I tried to find the pictures of the guys and the actors that look most alike and I'm working on the edit. I actually do fancasts for books I read, especially when they get announced as a film/TV show, and I have fancasts already for The Beatles and a couple for Fleetwood Mac (though I'm worried some of the actors I wanted are now considered too old LOL). It's something I've done since I was little as I love biopics and I've actually been told I should've been a casting director since I try not only to want actors who resemble the people but also I know can play the part.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Scott Bakula could easily pull off a more modern Glenn, I think. Similar build, facial features etc. Scott might just need a little hair dye.

Compared to the real deal.

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time