Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What would you do if you spotted an Eagle walking by?

while I am basically a shy kinda gal , I think working with patients have made me more comfortable with aproaching strangers .

I understand how you could feel standoffish about approaching your idol.

Me , life is too short and I figure I got nothing to lose ..then again I usually have JAHH egging me on.

Slea wards hubby told me that she was always flattered to be approached and take pictures.
    I think if they were with their familys say eating dinner I couldn't do that though.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This came up in another thread and it made me wonder...

Say you are hanging out near a venue or whatever, and you saw one of the Eagles getting some coffee... or you were staying at the same hotel and saw one of them walking though the lobby... what would you do?

I've been in this situation before with non-Eagles. I saw Stevie Nicks walking through the lobby in the Four Seasons in Atlanta and I was too frightened to approach her. I was afraid she would think I was lame and/or be annoyed, and I couldn't bear the thought of such rejection from my idol. Indeed, I didn't even want her to see me - I was that desperate to avoid risking her displeasure. Still, I longed to speak to her!

On the other hand, in Chicago at the Ritz, Lindsey Buckingham came down to the hotel bar where some of my friends and I were hanging out post-show. After we made eye contact and he recognized us from the audience, he came over and talked to us. We even got hugs. Oh my gosh, I about died.

I've never seen an Eagle just walking by in a hotel or restaurant, though, and I think if it were to happen, I would probably do like I did with Stevie and just stare longingly without approaching. The exception would be Glenn. If it were Glenn, I would wave and try to make eye contact, but not approach unless he saw me and gave some kind of a signal like nodding, so I knew he wasn't in a hurry or busy and it would be OK.

What would you do?
    Similar to this if it were Glenn given that he has recognised me & spoken to me from the stage. With the others it would depend on the circumstances.

Border Desperado

I pretty much agree with everyone that if I saw an Eagle with their family, I would respect their privacy and not approach.

On the other hand, if I did see one of them in some other circumstance I would try my best not to be a complete babbling idiot, as I would really just like to say thank you for the music.

Yeah, I agree that not approaching when they're with their families is a good rule of thumb.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Oh, if I saw Timothy in the market I would be all over that!!! Just kidding I don't know what I would do.

I would be nervous to approach Don Henley under any circumstance.

If Glenn and Joe were not sitting down eating, i.e. if they were walking and didn't look stressed, I would walk up with a big smile and say hi.

faint,

then get all tongued tied and make no sense.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I wonder if you fainted you could get mouth to mouth resuscitation from an Eagle?

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I would have to try not to have a huge panic attack and/or scream. I freaked out just when they walked on stage at their concert. I would die if I ever got the chance to talk to them. I'd love to tell them how much their music has helped me.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I wonder if you fainted you could get mouth to mouth resuscitation from an Eagle?
    I think this would be the perfect way to get some attention from them! Maybe not mouth to mouth, but, being the nice guys that they are, they (any of them) would run over and see that you were alright. Then, the conversation would go spontaneously! And who knows where that would lead?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thumbs up Re: What would you do if you spotted an Eagle walking by?

YEARS ago when I was still living in Boston we were at South Station waiting to meet a friend coming in on Amtrak and spotted this guy who looked familiar but it took us a few minutes to place him. He was with his family, waiting to catch a train, just sitting there having coffee and Danish. It was Christopher and Dana Reeve and their children! They were frequent visitors to the Boston area where he did a lot of summer stock theater. Because he was with his family we didn't approach him but he did see us looking and very politely smiled and waved.

A few years later Mom took me and a couple of my friends to see Garth Brooks in New Haven, CT and we stayed at a Howard Johnson Motor Inn near the arena. We were in the restaurant having an early dinner when this gal walked in, sat down two tables over, ordered a coffee/tea and sat there for about half an hour. It was Martina McBride and it was one of the first shows where she opened for Garth. Again, we didn't approach her. But when we got back after the show we went into the lounge to get cold drinks and while we were sitting there she walked in with her husband, John, and her band. They actually started jamming so we just sat there and enjoyed. Martina sang a couple songs and then she came to our table, said she recognized us from the restaurant and asked if we had gone to the concert. What a sweetheart! She suggested we stick around for a while if we could, so of course we stayed. About ten minutes later Garth walked in and she introduced us! BOTH are totally grounded and so fan-friendly. There were less than a dozen people in the lounge and we all got a mini post-concert concert. They were actually staying there and we got to see them leave in the morning. It was exciting.

As for our guys, I would be least likely to attempt to approach Don under any circumstances unless he gave an indication that it was okay. And like everyone else, I wouldn't dream of interrupting if I saw them with their families or dining - although I WOULD approach (in a non-dining situation) if they were just with their spouse(s), if only to say how much I love and appreciate their music, maybe shake a hand, get an autograph/photo if their were agreeable. And here's a twist: if I were ever to see Timothy and Jean, I would love to talk to HER about her art! I wonder if that has ever happened?
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love