Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Default Re: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

And I think it's a lot different if you know you're going to meet them (e.g. a meet 'n greet) than if you're blindsided like you guys were in San Jose. I mean, at a m&g you're going there with the specific purpose of meeting them. You have time to think of what you want to ask/say/do.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Too many variables to consider. If I saw them walking down the street, in a hotel, at a restaurant... I'd probably say nothing. However, if we were in the same aisle at a bookstore or shared an elevator, I'd probably say something. Example, if I meant TBS in an elevator I'd probably say something along the lines of, "didn't you meet the Blind Boys of Alabama in a elevator? Who knew elevators were such hot meeting spots"... or something like that.

I guess it would really depend on so much. Did just see a show, was I going to one, was it a chance meeting... oh how I've thought about them all. I do know this though... if I saw one of them walking down the street, you better believe I'd turn and follow them!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Example, if I meant TBS in an elevator I'd probably say something along the lines of, "didn't you meet the Blind Boys of Alabama in a elevator? Who knew elevators were such hot meeting spots"... or something like that.
    Hey, that's a good one!
    ~ Cathy ~

Maybe...Probably Cathy. But I know that of the maybe twenty people in the group at the M&G I attended, there were only maybe 5 who said much more than "your name goes here" when Joe introduced himself to them and asked their name and where they were from.

There were very few who asked him anything "unique" during the question/answer time he gave us.

The questions that seemed so over asked were,

1. It must be physically draining night after night performing. How do you cope with that. To which Joe replies with a prepared answer of "Work out a lot. Try to eat right. Take better care of myself."

2. Someone always asks about his HAM radio hobby. He'll talk about that but again, it is something he get's asked a lot about.

3. What's your favorite Guitar/Song/Artist/Performer/American Idol Contestant.....All of these except the last, Joe gets pretty vague about. He's not going to specify a favorite guitar because he's endorsed so many. Sort of the same with Artists....he doesn't want to offend anyone. But he doe seem to get enthusiastic about Dwayne Allman and the slide he learned so much about from him. As for AI....he pretty much hates anything to do with television <LOL>

4. Killer question...I mean this one pretty much ends the Q/A session. When asked anything that brings that up or that is a good segway into it...is about his Addiction Recovery. He's very serious about it, but it will often lead to the "I was really only drunk one time....for 30 years!" At least it sure put an end to the M&G when we had ours in Chicago many years ago.

But if you can come up with some sincere question that maybe is something he doesn't answer every time he gets together with a group of Fans, he will really get into it. I asked him about a house in Wichita that I knew his Grandmother had left to him in her Will. Turned out that he'd donated the house to Needy Young Women....those with pregnancy issues, abuse issues, about anything like that to aid them. He wasn't sure how far along the refurbishing of the house had come. He talked about that quite a bit. He said that he didn't come back to Wichita often but that he still had relatives living here and needed to come back more often.

I guess I just got lucky and had something that was "new".

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh-let's just cut to the chase!! Who are we all trying to fool?

I would probably rush up to them (of course very gracefully, probably by falling into them and sending whatever they have in their hands flying), say something intelligent like, "my names is, ummmm. I'm your figgest ban! Can I have your autograph?" and then proceed to pour my diet Coke all over their shoes (because I go nowhere without it) as I rummaged in my purse to find something for them to write on, while I accidently dump my purse out, sending the feminine hygiene products rolling across the floor. Which would all be followed by security being called, me being hauled off and Larry calling someone from the Border to bail my *ss out of jail because he figures it's all your faults it's come to this anyways.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Oh-let's just cut to the chase!! Who are we all trying to fool
    LOLROTF

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie,

It's definitely different if it's planned than a chance meeting like the girls had.

When I met Don Henley at a meet & greet several years ago ( ) I had planned what I would say, but the closer I got to him the more nervous I got. I actually thought I might break down in tears! I had taken the first Eagles album and a couple of his solo cd's with me for him to sign. I told him my favorite song was Heart Of The Matter and thanked him for all of his music and how much it meant to me and asked him if he was still the same guy now as the one on the back of that album cover. He grinned at me and said he didn't have as much hair and we both laughed. But that got me off track and he asked me my name. Of course, I had to spell it and he said that he used to have a neighbor that had that very same name. Gullible me said "Really? That's unbelievable!" (because I do have a strange name.) And he said, "No, really!" Well, the rest of my time was spent on this unbelievable story and I had wanted to really get in to his mind, but he turned the table on me. I think they do these things on purpose to get out of the conversation.

If I met one of them in the hall like the girls, I would want to talk to them so bad, but would probably be too shy to. Then I would beat myself up for not at least saying Hi, and I love your music, and ask for an autograph. I would hate to bother them, but I would try to be quiet about it so as not to cause a stampede or anything and would make it short and sweet.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

@ Willie!!!

Now Willie, I heard you speak to Timothy in Chicago and you handled yourself with grace and dignity. Of course, he didn't do what you asked so maybe you should have proceeded to step two, fell into him, spill a drink on him, and spill the contents of your purse while looking for a pen! Who knows? Maybe that would have gotten you somewhere.

But don't give Larry my number!
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Now Willie, I heard you speak to Timothy in Chicago and you handled yourself with grace and dignity. Of course, he didn't do what you asked so maybe you should have proceeded to step two, fell into him, spill a drink on him, and spill the contents of your purse while looking for a pen! Who knows? Maybe that would have gotten you somewhere.

But don't give Larry my number!
    Hey, he told me he'd be back in a minute and I believe he would have! I believe security got him out the door after taking one look at me so wide eyed and shaking because I had actually talked to him and warned him "don't go back in there!". Otherwise, he would of done what I asked, I know he would of, definitely would have....right?
    He sings it high, he plays it low