Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Joe had a new interview with Billboard talking more about Vets Aid but also about Classic West and the new shows. Said they're going to go about this slowly and add on more shows as they go if it feels right. Said the West show felt magical and healing to them all and feels Glenn would be proud. Also confirmed he'll still be at Northwest and the 3 Vegas shows, but the article didn't list the Vegas dates so maybe they're rescheduling the 30th one since it was conflicting.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...gles-interview
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

HOB Las Vegas has informed me that Joe's shows have been cancelled due to the scheduling conflict with Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Joe had a new interview with Billboard talking more about Vets Aid but also about Classic West and the new shows. Said they're going to go about this slowly and add on more shows as they go if it feels right. Said the West show felt magical and healing to them all and feels Glenn would be proud. Also confirmed he'll still be at Northwest and the 3 Vegas shows, but the article didn't list the Vegas dates so maybe they're rescheduling the 30th one since it was conflicting.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...gles-interview
    Nice interview, Buffyfan, thanks for posting. He affirms what many of us expected and thought--that the concert would be healing and that Glenn would be proud. And kudos to him for initiating VetsAid.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    HOB Las Vegas has informed me that Joe's shows have been cancelled due to the scheduling conflict with Eagles.
    Its off of Joe's website too.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Not sure exactly where to put this, but this new Ringo Starr song has Joe on it. It also has Steve Lukather and Edgar Winter, so I'm not sure which guitars, if any, Joe plays on this. (He might just be in the background chorus or ...).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-walsh-w494309

Stuck on the Border

Joe did a really good interview with Rolling Stone. I'm just going to concentrate on breathing out and then in.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...t-word-w493589

Well, I joined their band. I would say it was a democratic dictatorship. How's that? That means, we all got to vote and then they did whatever they wanted.
    And the way you define honesty in the music industry is: the guy that's stealing the least from you is honest.
    On Deacon:
    He's great. He's never done this. He has no attitude whatsoever. He just shows up and does it. I wish more of us could be like that.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 07-30-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Thanks for posting that. It was interesting. Joe always seems so down to earth and grateful for what he has and has accomplished.

Border Desperado

Earlier this morning John DeBella, a local DJ with WMGK radio in Philadelphia, interviewed Joe Walsh. DeBella puts all of his interviews up on podcast. You can hear it here:

http://wmgk.com/shows/john-debella/podcasts/

Thanks, JAHH. Joe wants Vets Aid to be a counterpart to Willie's Farm Aid. What a great thing for him to do. It was sad hearing him talk about growing up without his father, who died during active duty.

In this interview, Joe gives some insight prior to the upcoming concert in Detroit. He says that the remaining members spent a lot of time in discussion after Glenn died. He adds this:
    “So we figured we would at least try it and see where it went and we worked on it and thought it through and we tried it out in Los Angeles and it was just magic. It really was. It was received wonderfully and the energy that we all have is very, very healing, so I think Glenn would be proud of this and we decided to do it some more.”
    He also says this about Vince’s guitar playing:
    “It’s terrifying. He’s that good,” Walsh says. “But he says I make him nervous, too, so it works really good. And, boy, he plugged right in with the vocals and so we’ve got a pretty good lineup across the front of the stage in terms of guitar players, and it’s working really, really well.”
    ”Eagles fly into the late Glenn Frey’s home town” The News-Herald, Oct. 23, 2017