Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Hey everyone.

I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?

Default Re: Hey everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?
    No, no, and hell no!

A LOT of people try posing as big name individuals asking for money. It's NOT Joe. Happens to a lot of celebrities.

Not only would they steal your money but also your credentials.

Report the account to Instagram and send the real Joe a message.

Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.

Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.
    Hahaha "safe" a life. I think you (they) mean SAVE a life. lol totally a scam. I don't trust foreign domains either as a rule. A lot of them are non-legit.

Right? Now I'm pissed. I was all excited about that and now I have to be an asshole. Lol I mean I thought he set it up as a separate account. Ugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep. I have to be an asshole.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Joe has "accountants to pay for it all"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Funk is right; Joe will not be needing financial assistance in this lifetime.

Similar thing happened to me. I had Kenny Rogers asking me for money on TWITTER. The scammer had copied the real Kenny Rogers Twitter account and came up with a fantastic story about a suitcase containing lots of cash! I knew it was a scam so went along with it for a while and gave him a hard time by asking questions about how he first met Don Henley etc. I believe they also tried the scam using the Twitter accounts of Sheryl Crow and Martina McBride.

Yeah. Looks like the exact crap happened with Instagram. And I still haven't heard anything from the real Joe. I didn't see his name on any of those sites. He's affiliated with facing addiction. That's the only thing I saw. Nothing about a save a life. And he absolutely would not ask for money in that fashion. a bunch of bull. lol