Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Eagles in Omaha, NE - Sept. 5, 2014

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles in Omaha, NE - Sept. 5, 2014

Have a WONDERFUL time everyone!!!

Report back soon!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

Can't wait to hear all about it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    Update: Went out for a walk to stretch my legs and see what was shaking in the neighborhood. A couple of really nice security guards let me cut thru the back parking lot on my way to the River Walk. I was surprised to only see about a dozen semis and told them it appeared the Eagles HADN'T landed. They rolled their eyes and said the main stage was under construction and they're expected 18-22 more trucks throughout the night and in the early morning. They told me they'd be back on duty at 5 a.m. and I could stroll thru around 8:00 just to see how much heavy equipment is parked out back.
    If you do, get a picture. I was amazed at how many trucks they had for the UK tour and I wish I'd taken a picture. Of course, what I'd really like is a tour with someone explaining how the whole operation works and if it could include the sound check, even better.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 09-05-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yes Cynd1231, maybe you could bribe the security guys with breakfast and/or snacks and they would let you into sound check.

HB, security was less cooperative this morning but I expected that despite the fact that I had coffee for them, LOL. But they were very chatty! Four more trucks arrived overnight. They said the equipment and Eagles road crew flew in Wednesday morning and were met at the airport with local trucks and crew an they're staying here at the Hilton. But they were anticipating the arrival of 3-4 more trucks, which should be there by now. They also shared that the guys are due to arrive between 2-3 p.m. and will be in the building until after the concert. To think the arena is less than 50 feet outside the front door and we have to wait till 5:30 for entry is criminal!

Anyway, one of the security guards pointed out the door where they'll enter, winked and said, "There's a great view of that door from the Riverwalk." However, a couple of issues: the weather is changing and suppose to rain, it' s quite a hike to the right spot on the Riverwalk, and when you think about it only thing I would see is some vehicles with very dark, tinted windows pulling into the tunnel, LOL! Besides, Kate is due in around 2:00.

SO glad I opted for the Hilton since it's adjacent to the arena. Kate is staying here, and although I offered to share my room with VA, she's down the street. I hope she got a good night's sleep after that drive yesterday. That's a long haul. Hopefully we can get a few pictures at the VIP Party ... and maybe sneak in a few late in the concert. (Security told me they hired 25 additional bodies to act as Photo Police on the main floor so it's not going to be an easy feat.)
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Sorry, Z, I won't even try for a pic unless they specifically invite us to take them, which won't happen.

I'm all checked in. Kind of rainy out so I'm torn between using their shuttle bus tonight and walking a block in possible rain or driving. Hmmm. It's cold here, too.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, the weather has deteriorated since I got here yesterday. It was 94 and humid, perfect lastnight, cooler but moderate this morning. It's gone downhill since about 9:30 this morning. I can't believe the difference in the temp from yesterday.

You're welcome to come down to the Hilton early and hang.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    VA, the weather has deteriorated since I got here yesterday. It was 94 and humid, perfect lastnight, cooler but moderate this morning. It's gone downhill since about 9:30 this morning. I can't believe the difference in the temp from yesterday.

You're welcome to come down to the Hilton early and hang.
    I started the day in Kansas City with the AC on and about 1.5 hours later I realized the heat was on... I might have to wear my Eagles sweatshirt! I can always stuff it in the VIP bag, assuming they still give those out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, they'd better be giving us our VIP bags! If I was feeling more ambitious I'd stroll over to the Riverwalk again (since the drizzle has stopped for the moment). The guys should be arriving any time now.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Enjoy VA and Cynd!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP