Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Really glad to hear you enjoyed the concerts, Soda! Glad to hear you're liking the new album too, haven't got around to listening to it yet myself though.

Shame they didn't play Big Love - I really enjoy the intense live version from The Dance, much better than the version on Tango In The Night, IMO. Perhaps they deemed it a bit too Lindsey-centric? That could also explain the absence of Go Insane. I was a bit shocked to see they left out Don't Stop though! I think it's one of the most widely recognised FM songs, at least it is where I live.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The shows were cool because it gave me a chance to really focus on Christine - both times, my seats were close to her to the point where her keyboard blocked Lindsey. She was really energetic and cute in Detroit - it was fantastic! In Chicago the next next, she seemed a lot more nervous - perhaps because the Fox Theater in Detroit is small and intimate and the Huntington in Chicago is a lot bigger.
    What an intriguing, sensitive lady. One would think she'd be impervious to stage fright after touring around the globe umpteen times and doing massive events like A Day on the Green.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Soda!

I just saw Facebook that today is Christine's birthday. Happy Birthday to Christine. I'm glad she's back with the band.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

That would make her a Cancer star sign? That figures, she's seems to be a home-and-hearth, family kind of person.

People who are subscribers to Sirius XM: you are eligible to enter a contest to see Buckingham McVie in Noo York City! https://www.siriusxm.com/BuckVie

Good luck. It's on til 7/24.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 07-14-2017 at 09:41 AM.

A Forbes write-up about Fleetwood Mac at Classic West.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#211fd74e356e

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Very high praise for Mr. B. there, and deserved of course.

Stupid question: are John McVie and Mick Fleetwood playing in the Buckingham McVie band? I mean on the Buckingham McVie duet dates.

From a couple of early reviews I read they're backed by some of Lindsey's solo band members.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

No. They play on the album, but it was thought that if they came on the tour, it would basically become "Fleetwood Mac without Stevie" and be a PR embarrassment.

The backing band is essentially Lindsey's solo backing band, and it's a four-piece: - Brett Tuggle (keyboard/vocal) and Neil Heywood (secondary guitar/vocal) who have been around forever, and a couple newer guys for the rhythm section whose names I'm embarrassed to say I've forgotten already!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm so tempted to see the last show in Bethlehem. I'll be in Pennsylvania that weekend (about 2+ hours away) for my sweet mama's 90th birthday. I don't want to hurt her feelings by slinking off to a rock concert when we have so little time together. Chris and Lindsey will understand

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No. They play on the album, but it was thought that if they came on the tour, it would basically become "Fleetwood Mac without Stevie" and be a PR embarrassment.

The backing band is essentially Lindsey's solo backing band, and it's a four-piece: - Brett Tuggle (keyboard/vocal) and Neil Heywood (secondary guitar/vocal) who have been around forever, and a couple newer guys for the rhythm section whose names I'm embarrassed to say I've forgotten already!
    Jimmy Paxson on drums and Federico Pol on bass and backing vocals. Had to look up the bass guitarist. I think Jimmy has toured with Stevie on one of her solo tours. I think I read that somewhere.

Ah, I wish it wouldn't be a PR embarrassment, if Mick and John were on the tour. But the tickets probably would have been more expensive, if that were the case. So yay, for Lindsey's backing band plus Jimmy! (I don't know much about Federico) Has Taku been too busy to tour with Lindsey anymore? I've read that he's been doing other stuff.