The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Former Eagles > Randy Meisner

Randy Meisner Take it to the limit with Randy Meisner.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #51
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press - Retro Edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Interesting - thank you, D. Hey did you see about their opening act Kris McKay; she was in a Texas band called the Wild Seeds. I remember "I'm Sorry, I Can't Rock You All Night Long" but that's probably before your time

This brings back 1988 real strong for me
Yes, I read that about Kris McKay being the opening act, but her name doesn't ring a bell. There were so many Austin bands at that time that the only ones that stood out had wild crazy names (the most famous being the Butthole Surfers). That song sounds like it would have been played by a local Austin radio station too, but I've never heard it. Thanks for posting it.

Lol, 1988 wasn't before my time, it was my primo time.

Take it to the limit, one more time.

Last edited by Delilah; 08-23-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #52
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

This is a news item that references Randy and Bernie’s involvement in Black Tie. The article is about Malcolm Falk and his various music-related enterprises.

Quote:
His recording studio, Third Ear Recording, has recorded live albums, demonstration tapes and radio broadcasts by the likes of Etta James, the recently revived Byrds, and Black Tie, a new group consisting of Eagles founders Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon, former Bread guitarist Jimmy Griffin and Billy Swan, whose solo hit, the organ-heavy "I Can Help," topped the pop charts in 1974.
”Agent Gets His Own Act Together” L.A. Times, March 7, 1986

Old 10-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #53
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Fascinating all these little links and hidden streams between people, isn't it? Etta James covered Randy's TITTL, and this part caught my eye too:

"At the same time, Falk organized a music publishing company that handles new material by veteran songwriters Jack Tempchin (who wrote 'Already Gone' for the Eagles) and Dean Smith of Captain Beefheart fame."

Mr. Falk sounds like an interesting cat. Wonder what he's doing now? This L.A. Times article is from '92; he was still doing well.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-08-...1_solana-beach
NightMistBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #54
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Fascinating all these little links and hidden streams between people, isn't it? Etta James covered Randy's TITTL, and this part caught my eye too:

"At the same time, Falk organized a music publishing company that handles new material by veteran songwriters Jack Tempchin (who wrote 'Already Gone' for the Eagles) and Dean Smith of Captain Beefheart fame."

Mr. Falk sounds like an interesting cat. Wonder what he's doing now? This L.A. Times article is from '92; he was still doing well.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-08-...1_solana-beach
Yes, the more I read up on this stuff, the more connections I see. I didn’t even notice the Jack Tempchin mention. I did note the Belly Up Tavern being a place where Randy played. I wonder if it’s still around, and if Mr. Falk still works out of there, lol. I know the Golden Bear is long gone.

Another thing that strikes me is how involved in music Randy continued to be, unlike the common perception that he simply fell off the map.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #55
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

You gals are too good. My husband thinks I know a lot about Randy, but y'all would blow him away!!!
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote