Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cover song

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New cover song

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I find it strange that they're doing a tribute album to Elton John now...he's still alive. I really can't imagine Henley and Vince doing a cover of Elton, but what do I know...

This is off-topic, but Elton's best, in my opinion, is his work from the early 70s, his first few albums. Elton and Bernie Taupin are such a talented songwriting team.
    Groupie - I bolded the last paragraph. I agree - I really loved Elton's early and mid 70's albums. I was a big EJ fan at the time and saw him in concert three times in the mid 70's. He always put on a great show.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 03-22-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Groupie - I bolded the last paragraph. I agree - I really loved Elton's early and mid 70's albums. I was a big EJ fan at the time and saw him in concert three times in the mid 70's. He always put on a great show.
    Hi New Kid! I love Elton's early stuff. I'm obsessed with Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters right now, and there are so many others. I saw him in concert when he toured with Billy Joel years ago (probably around 2000-2001).

Heard Don and Vince’s version of Sacrifice today and think it’s really excellent.
    They do a verse each and there is a great guitar solo.
    Not sure who played on the track but I really recommend it.

I found the song on Youtube.
    Philh. Its probably Vince playing the guitar solo. It sounds like how he plays.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn_mZ-CT70I[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Robben Ford is the one doing the guitar solo, not Vince. I heard the song this morning also. It's not one of Elton's best, but I do like this version better than his although I don't think it's a great song to begin with.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

This is cool! Good for Don and Vince. Yes, if it weren't for the Common Thread tribute album to the Eagles, we might have never had the guys 1994-2016. All of those wonderful country artists covering the Eagles songs seemed to get Glenn enthusiastic about the possibility of reforming...