Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Forum, 22nd September 1976

Default Re: The Forum, 22nd September 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If I may say so, that makes that album even more of a fraud if they couldn't even be bothered matching the post song comment with the correct song or even year. That has been bafflling me for decades. I didn't think the performance of The Long Run (a song I dislike) was so great as to elicit that comment.
    I too was surprised by that comment. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE that version of the song, more so due to the music especially the sax solo. But don’s vocal is good but nothing extradionary.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I too was surprised by that comment. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE that version of the song, more so due to the music especially the sax solo. But don’s vocal is good but nothing extradionary.
    Well yes, but that's the point. The comment wasn't made about that song in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well yes, but that's the point. The comment wasn't made about that song in the first place.
    Idk, I feel it is kinda cheap that they even did that. Also how is 76 The Forum?
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Thanks for replying again. Can you please give me a good live version of Outlaw Man where Randy's bass solo was there? I'd love to hear it. But I really cannot hear in the OOTN tour performances.
    Well that was my point. There isn’t one that I know of. The most decent version would be ‘76 Seattle, I guess.

And about TITTL, I understand. But I am slightly doubtful about overdubs. I mean, Randy was not in the band by the time. I am not sure about Randy coming back. But they are infamous for overdubs either way.
    The overdubs are pretty well documented. Randy himself has said he was asked to go back into the studio to do them, even though he had already quit the band. He probably still had some contractual obligations.

Idk about Giants Stadium where they are pissed off. Where did you hear that from?

And finally, it should be October. How to change the title now?
    I didn’t just hear it, I watched it. The video footage shows up now and then on YT. I seem to recall whichever concert it was took place before they took a break due to Glenn’s health issues. So I assumed part of it was due to him not feeling well.

IDK about changing the title.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

"The overdubs are pretty well documented. Randy himself has said he was asked to go back into the studio to do them, even though he had already quit the band."

Does anyone here know, or can guesstimate, when those overdubs may have taken place?

Some have speculated that Glenn 'n Don H's participation on Randy's solo album (released October 1980) was indication of some kind of quid pro quo for Randy cooperating with the Eagles Live album released in November 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I was listening to the Long Run live and after it Glenn says “we get to hear him sing that every night, we love it”. I assume they must have gotten that comment from the TITTL live and edited it in. Why not just put it on the take it to the limit live? I love that comment too
    Wow, it had been awhile since I’d heard the Long Run from Live. That whole little dialogue that follows about saying hi to Vince Malamud (?) and J.D. Souther and the next song being NKIT is exactly what follows the bootleg version of TITTL, after the “we get to hear him...” comment.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Cool Re: The Forum, 22nd September 1976

Did Eagles ever play Staples Center? I don't remember them there, but I could've been out of town, or out of the country, or confined to a mental institution somewhere…

By the way, The Forum was a great place to see a hockey game, but a terrible place to listen to a concert - echo city. Staples, by contrast, is pretty decent.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Did Eagles ever play Staples Center? I don't remember them there, but I could've been out of town, or out of the country, or confined to a mental institution somewhere…

By the way, The Forum was a great place to see a hockey game, but a terrible place to listen to a concert - echo city. Staples, by contrast, is pretty decent.
    I am sure they played the Staples Centre on more recent tours.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - the Eagles played the Staples Center several times, most notably, their Millennium concert.

And, I know the Forum was known to have a lousy sound system, but several of us Borderers went to the first couple of opening shows the Eagles did after it was renovated, and the sound was awesome. So, now, it is considered to be one of the best arenas for a concert.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016