Default Re: You Wanna Sing WHAT?!?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    They should be nicely carpeted.
    Typo error !

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    They should be nicely carpeted.
    LMAO!

I find it hard to believe that Glenn, at least as he was in 1973 or 1974, would have seriously wanted them to appear on stage in matching suits. They didn't even look like they owned suits back then! Later in life, though, I bet he would have been up for it

I'd love to hear it too, peneumbra, if you can find a way to upload it here.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's super cool.

Count me in, would love to hear anything you have!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    LMAO!

I find it hard to believe that Glenn, at least as he was in 1973 or 1974, would have seriously wanted them to appear on stage in matching suits. They didn't even look like they owned suits back then! Later in life, though, I bet he would have been up for it

I'd love to hear it too, peneumbra, if you can find a way to upload it here.
    I am also extremely dubious about this claim. Sorry.

I love the song but I don't think it would have been right for the Eagles at all. Just because it had five vocal parts didn't make it a good fit.

I believe Glenn would make a joke about that, or for a moment think that’d be cool to do but I also doubt he would be serious.

Banned

Cool Re: You Wanna Sing WHAT?!?

I'm not sure how serious Glenn Frey was about adding "Poppa Was A Rolling Stone" to the band's repertoire; it was late in the evening after a long day, and most parties present had been… modifying their consciousness, shall we say, with various substances.

I recall that, during an interview with somebody, Frey said that he and Henley had wanted to create a group that would be like "the white Temptations." So maybe his novel idea wasn't so far out there after all...

While on this topic I wonder if the band had any other songs they had recorded where they shared the lead vocals between the band? I loved the live version of How Long in 1973 because the whole band was just singing the heck out of it. Randy and Glenn were fabulous. I wish they had recorded that as a song but they should have tried to do another time. For that same reason I love that part in On The Border with guys singing different lines. I think it’s a missed opportunity from the band musically but they kind of made up for it with a good amount of shared vocals on LROOE

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    I'm not sure how serious Glenn Frey was about adding "Poppa Was A Rolling Stone" to the band's repertoire; it was late in the evening after a long day, and most parties present had been… modifying their consciousness, shall we say, with various substances.

I recall that, during an interview with somebody, Frey said that he and Henley had wanted to create a group that would be like "the white Temptations." So maybe his novel idea wasn't so far out there after all...
    Yeah - TBH, I'd be very shocked if that was anything that either of them seriously entertained particularly given that in interviews I've read from that time period, they had been known to mock bands that wore suits.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016