Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Studio Album Survivor to begin on June 13th

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Non-Studio Album Survivor to begin on June 13th

So almost time for our next Survivor game. Since the anniversaries for both the One of These Nights and Eagles LPs are coming up within the next two weeks, you may wonder why we aren't doing one of those. It because we have already done both of them in this current cycle of games. So we are going to complete this cycle before we repeat them. Therefore, this game will be comprised of songs that were not included on any of the original 7 studio albums. Here are the songs that will be included:

Get You in the Mood (B-side of Take It Easy single)
    Please Come Home for Christmas (single, Very Best of the Eagles)
    Funky New Year (B-side of PCHFC single)
    All Night Long (Eagles Live)
    Life’s Been Good (Eagles Live)
    Seven Bridges Road (Eagles Live, Very Best of the Eagles)
    Get Over It (Hell Freezes Over, Very Best of the Eagles)
    The Girl from Yesterday ((Hell Freezes Over)
    Learn to Be Still (Hell Freezes Over)
    Love Will Keep Us Alive (Hell Freezes Over, Very Best of the Eagles)
    Hole in the World (Very Best of the Eagles)
    One Day at a Time (Farewell I)

So time to get out your singles, Eagles Live, Hell Freezes Over, The Very Best of the Eagles, and Farewell I and brush up on these tunes!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview. When the game begins, the opening post will provide all the detailed rules for the game. If you are new, please make sure you read that post carefully and post any questions you have in the game thread before you cast your first vote. This is very important because once you cast a vote, it cannot be changed for any reason. We enforce the rules very strictly, so please make sure you understand everything. If you have any questions before the start of the game, then you can post them in this thread. If you would like to review the detailed rules ahead of time, here is a link to our last game:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=7442

And finally each round of the game begins at 8:00 p.m. EST and lasts 48 hours. All votes for each round must be cast prior to the clock striking 8:00 p.m. on the second day in order to be counted. Unfortunately, our board clock is currently not accurate, so please do not rely on it when casting your vote. I will check this a few times before the start of the game to determine exactly how far off the time is. I will post reminders about this throughout the game so, hopefully, no one will miss the deadline.

Now, time to figure out what songs you will be voting for. Enjoy! It starts Wednesday, June 13th.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Non-Studio Album Survivor to begin on June 13th

I'm looking forward to it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm looking forward to this. I don't remember if I participate in this Survivor game when it was last played.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great idea for a survivor - so many of these songs are overlooked and are really magnificent. Its going to be interesting
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just a doubt. You told you will include all those which are not in the original studio albums. In that case, there are quite a few missing (to me at least). Is there any reason you excluded the following?
    1) New York Minute (Hell Freezes Over) (Don Henley cover)
    2) The Heart of the Matter (Hell Freezes Over) (Don Henley cover)
    3) Help Me through the Night (Hell Freezes Over) (Joe Walsh cover)
    4) Dirty Laundry (live Millennium Concert) (Don Henley cover) (Selected Works)
    5) Funk #49 (live Millennium Concert) (James Gang cover) (Selected Works)
    6) All She Wants to Do Is Dance (live Millennium Concert) (Don Henley cover) (Selected Works)
    7) Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh cover) (live at the Capital Center 1977) (History of the Eagles)
    Funk #49 (James Gang cover) (live at The Los Angeles Forum, CA, USA 10/20-22/76) (Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition)

I just wondered, because you included live covers in the survival, and I feel these count too. JMHO though. And also, kinda because I like these way more than the ones here. But it is your survival game. Just a question.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Just a doubt. You told you will include all those which are not in the original studio albums. In that case, there are quite a few missing (to me at least). Is there any reason you excluded the following?
    6) All She Wants to Do Is Dance (live Millennium Concert) (Don Henley cover) (Selected Works)
    7) Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh cover) (live at the Capital Center 1977) (History of the Eagles)
    Funk #49 (James Gang cover) (live at The Los Angeles Forum, CA, USA 10/20-22/76) (Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition)

I just wondered, because you included live covers in the survival, and I feel these count too. JMHO though. And also, kinda because I like these way more than the ones here. But it is your survival game. Just a question.
    I actually wondered that myself...why not include the cover of You Belong to the City from Farewell I as well?

Regardless of what will be included, I'm looking forward to this too!

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post

None of the songs you listed are Eagles songs....although, One Day at a Time is part of the game and it’s not an Eagles song either, and isn’t on any Eagles album like All Night Long (which begs the question, why didn’t they use it on LROOE?). I guess I’m not sure either.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

Joe ended up releasing ODAAT on Analog Man. Whether he deliberately kept it back for that purpose or whether it just didn't make the grade for LROOE - like his other two leads shouldn't have done - I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    None of the songs you listed are Eagles songs....although, One Day at a Time is part of the game and it’s not an Eagles song either, and isn’t on any Eagles album like All Night Long (which begs the question, why didn’t they use it on LROOE?). I guess I’m not sure either.
    I think the point is that those songs were written by Eagles when the band was active. The ones listed were not.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post

One Day At A Time is an Eagles song because it's in Farewell One. It was an Eagles song first.

It has to be said though that the inclusion of Life's Been Good is problematical, because it had already been released as a Joe Walsh song on the But Seriously, Folks album,. I also believe All Night Long had previously been released, as a Joe Walsh song, on the Urban Cowboy soundtrack.

When we played this game previously however, these songs were included. Looking at it now, with the points others have made, I wonder why LBG & ANL are in this game.

ETA: YEF states that they can be considered Eagles songs because the band was active at the time. I guess that makes sense now I have thought about it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.