Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setlist decisions, etc...

Border Rebel

Default Re: Setlist decisions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Scottside--I was going to edit after I posted because I remembered there being versions out there with Randy singing 7BR which would have been around 1976. I didn't edit because I knew someone would correct me. Still, even though I may have heard it, it was not the iconic Eagles song that we think of it today. Thanks for the correction!
    I agree that it wasn't iconic back then. It was sandwiched somewhere in the middle of the set and that was the only show I saw that it was in. I pretty much saw the Eagles whenever they toured up until 1979 and they never played it again at those shows.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Didn't the boys sing 7BR backstage before a show to warm up vocally? I forget who told us that, maybe it was in Felder's book.

Out on the Border

I have a pretty good bootleg DVD of one of their concerts Live in Seattle, WA 1976 & they sing Seven Bridges Road. The set list is:
    Outlaw Man
    Doolin Dalton
    Desperado
    Turn to Stone
    Seven Bridges Road
    Lyin Eyes
    Take it to the Limit
    Desperado (Reprise)
    Midnight Flyer
    Already Gone
    One of These Nights
    Forty Nine
    Witchy Woman
    James Dean

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by mimi g View Post
    I have a pretty good bootleg DVD of one of their concerts Live in Seattle, WA 1976 & they sing Seven Bridges Road. The set list is:
    Outlaw Man
    Doolin Dalton
    Desperado
    Turn to Stone
    Seven Bridges Road
    Lyin Eyes
    Take it to the Limit
    Desperado (Reprise)
    Midnight Flyer
    Already Gone
    One of These Nights
    Forty Nine
    Witchy Woman
    James Dean
    I was going to mention the Seattle '76 bootleg. It's up still on you tube. I was just watching it a couple of weeks ago. I think they also did it in the Houston '76 show. That used to be up on you tube too but I don't know if it is now(I am too tired and lazy to check right now-sorry). Like YEF said, Felder mentions in his book that they used to open shows with SBR before they started using HC. Either way, I love the song. It is one of my all time favorite songs they did.
    BTW - Soda - You come thru again with the set lists. TY.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I was going to mention the Seattle '76 bootleg. It's up still on you tube. I was just watching it a couple of weeks ago. I think they also did it in the Houston '76 show. That used to be up on you tube too but I don't know if it is now(I am too tired and lazy to check right now-sorry). Like YEF said, Felder mentions in his book that they used to open shows with SBR before they started using HC. Either way, I love the song. It is one of my all time favorite songs they did.
    BTW - Soda - You come thru again with the set lists. TY.
    From what I have read in this thread it would appear that Felder's recollection that they opened with 7BR is incorrect. His book is extremely inaccurate on many counts.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    From what I have read in this thread it would appear that Felder's recollection that they opened with 7BR is incorrect. His book is extremely inaccurate on many counts.
    FP - So true - I usually take everything he says with a grain of salt. However, I figured why lie about that. I saw them in 1975 with Bernie and it was so long ago I have no idea what they played. I don't remember for the most part what they sang when I saw them in 1980 either. They did not sing it at HFO. The HOTE shows them warming up singing the song before a concert. When did they start doing it again ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FP - So true - I usually take everything he says with a grain of salt. However, I figured why lie about that. I saw them in 1975 with Bernie and it was so long ago I have no idea what they played. I don't remember for the most part what they sang when I saw them in 1980 either. They did not sing it at HFO. The HOTE shows them warming up singing the song before a concert. When did they start doing it again ?
    From what I personally know, they used it in the era between OTB to HC though not always. Felder states they also warmed up with SBR and doing some oohs and aahs. This is backed up from the pre footage in HOTE where the band does a bit of Lyin Eyes and SBR. I believe the song was replaced by Hotel California though it seems that is wrong. I guess just having more hits to play with the HC tracks, they were more choosy and their setlists were usually shorter back then. Felder states they stopped singing that song until the very end of the band where they sang it for the last couple weeks for the Eagles life album. Felder says it was clear that they hadn’t practiced it for years and it wasn’t as good as it could have been. (Also states it wasn’t practiced in the locker room before concerts anymore due to tensions etc). They didn’t play the song during HFO but I think they brought it back for the millennium concerts (I gusss because they were capping off a era of eagles hits) from that point on they played it sporadically on tours depending on each one. I think it went away for LROOE and I don’t think it was on HOTE.

In the beginning they led into Take it Easy with Silver Dagger, now THAT was some incredible harmony for a "new" band. Was Silver Dagger what they played for Geffen instead of SBR? Can't remember.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    From what I personally know, they used it in the era between OTB to HC though not always. Felder states they also warmed up with SBR and doing some oohs and aahs. This is backed up from the pre footage in HOTE where the band does a bit of Lyin Eyes and SBR. I believe the song was replaced by Hotel California though it seems that is wrong. I guess just having more hits to play with the HC tracks, they were more choosy and their setlists were usually shorter back then. Felder states they stopped singing that song until the very end of the band where they sang it for the last couple weeks for the Eagles life album. Felder says it was clear that they hadn’t practiced it for years and it wasn’t as good as it could have been. (Also states it wasn’t practiced in the locker room before concerts anymore due to tensions etc). They didn’t play the song during HFO but I think they brought it back for the millennium concerts (I gusss because they were capping off a era of eagles hits) from that point on they played it sporadically on tours depending on each one. I think it went away for LROOE and I don’t think it was on HOTE.
    YEF - Thanks - I think they brought it back for the Millennium Concerts too(I do not have that package to listen to). I do know that they did not play as long back then as they do now. If my memory serves me right, they played for appx. 2 hours in 1975; 2 to 2 1/2 hours in 1980 and 3 hours in 1995. They did not have an opening act in 1995.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by LovinGlennGirl View Post
    In the beginning they led into Take it Easy with Silver Dagger, now THAT was some incredible harmony for a "new" band. Was Silver Dagger what they played for Geffen instead of SBR? Can't remember.
    Yes, I think so. According to HOTE, that was what they sang for Glyn Johns. I love watching some very old you tube videos which shows them singing that(maybe BBC or Holland?).