Thread: The Eagles rhythm section

Default The Eagles rhythm section

When I listen to music one of my main focuses is the rythym section. Listening to the Eagles rhythm section Glenn, Randy/Tim and Don I must say they are one of the best I have heard. Don is a very simple drummer but great at keeping time. Alot of the eagles songs seem to have like a reggae feel to it and you can't resist dancing to the beat. To me the down beat on every measure is always very pronounced.

What do you think

Out on the Border

Default Re: The Eagles rhythm section

That is exactly how I feel about his drumming. Simple and uncomplicated. He says he drums the way he does to accommodate his singing. In Don Gelders book, he says Henley has a "behind the beat" way of drumming. I never really felt that way. I think he's a lot like Ringo Starr... he has a great sense of timing and to be able to sing and drum at the same time is an incredible talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyn View Post
    That is exactly how I feel about his drumming. Simple and uncomplicated. He says he drums the way he does to accommodate his singing. In Don Gelders book, he says Henley has a "behind the beat" way of drumming. I never really felt that way. I think he's a lot like Ringo Starr... he has a great sense of timing and to be able to sing and drum at the same time is an incredible talent.
    and Randy/Timothy always used the fingerd bass technique.. They pluck the strings with either the index middle or ring finger. It always gives the bass little more thump to it.

who is Don Gelder?

Out on the Border

Oops... My bad lol. Gotta proof read😀