Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

I vote for: The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Teenage Jail
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Greeks Don't Want No Freaks

Stuck on the Border

I can see this round is going to be a battle between frat boy parties and teenagers shut away in their bedrooms. I can't choose between them so I'm looking to the future.

I don't know why I don't like this one. I can't find anything bad to say about it but it just doesn't work for me. I vote for In the City.

I vote Teenage Jail. It's not that I dislike it. It's just the one out or the remaining songs that I like the least.

Teenage Jail
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: "The Long Run" Survivor Game

Wow, The Disco Strangler has gone! Who'd have ever thought it? Definitely couldn't have seen that one going first...

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I really have to disagree with you here UTW - to me, it sounds like a bunch of monkeys, high on "life", were let loose on the instruments and they recorded that noise
    Give me the Disco Strangler anyday
    That's how everyone else feels about Disco Strangler
    Neither The Disco Strangler or Teenage Jail sound like they were recorded by monkeys to me. In any case the monkeys were far too busy recording The Ledge for Fleetwood Mac.

(RCF, no problem if you don't agree with me on this (or anyone else), I was after all the one who first brought it up. In all seriousness, the main reason I've mentioned The Ledge is because to me it is a very disappointing and annoying track on the follow up release to a classic album, and therefore I think I feel about it compared to the Rumours album the way many Borderers feel about TDS after Hotel California. I probably won't mention it again now TDS has gone).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sorry to have missed the first round, but I am glad that TDS went! Not surprised there! lol

I was actually surprised the game started with our fearless leader sick, but am glad Dreamer felt like going ahead. Thanks Dreamer! And hope you are feeling better!

I vote for Teenage Jail next.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I didn't vote before, but I will now. I put in a defence for Teenage Jail last round, as I personally find there is a lot to like about the song - not least the menacing riff and atmosphere, and Glenn and Don F's zany solos. It also helps that appeals to my twisted sense of humour! I also enjoy Greeks, but apart from a few good guitar licks I don't think there's anything that really stands out about it. When I was listening to it while preparing for this game, my thoughts on the song were basically 'it's fun' and 'it rocks' - unlike just about every other song, I struggled to think of great moments or ideas.

So my vote goes to The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks, and I also propose the following coalition:

SAVE TEENAGE JAIL! VOTE FOR THE GREEKS DON'T WANT NO FREAKS!

I suspect it is highly likely one of these two will go next, but if you prefer Jail to Greeks I think it needs your vote to stand a chance so I would advise against voting strategically in this round if you agree with me (Admittedly when I was a teenager I spent a lot more time alone in my bedroom than I have ever done at frat parties, so that probably influenced my choice!).

I'm going to vote before I forget to do so for some reason. No strategic vote for me in this round, since it's closer race this time around. I'm voting for "Teenage Jail." At least, Greeks is fun, but TJ isn't for me.

Originally posted by Jonny Come Lately
    (RCF, no problem if you don't agree with me on this (or anyone else), I was after all the one who first brought it up. In all seriousness, the main reason I've mentioned The Ledge is because to me it is a very disappointing and annoying track on the follow up release to a classic album, and therefore I think I feel about it compared to the Rumours album the way many Borderers feel about TDS after Hotel California. I probably won't mention it again now TDS has gone).
    Oh ok, JCL. I get where you're coming from. Because Rumours is their best album, it's odd and disappointing that they even did The Ledge. Yep, Lindsey unchained.

It never came to my thoughts that The Long Run was a disappointment compared to Hotel California, since I treat each album as separate entities rather than something that's building onto the next. Hmm, you have a point, JCL.