Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Brilliant. I'm so looking forward to finally meeting you after being online friends for almost 10 years!
    Me, too, Ga! And really, everyone going! I've only met our fearless leader in person of the ones going!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

I know I am not on here much and I am late to the game but I would really like to join all of you on this weekend. It would be a lot of fun! I don't know if I would fly or drive since both are a possibility for me but I am going to check out my best options.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wt, that would be great if you can! Hope it works out! The more the merrier!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

That would be great WT!

Great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That's great Cami. Looking forward to meeting you at last too
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    I know I am not on here much and I am late to the game but I would really like to join all of you on this weekend. It would be a lot of fun! I don't know if I would fly or drive since both are a possibility for me but I am going to check out my best options.
    Cami - It would be great to see you again. Let us know if you decide to come. Houston Baby is researching info now and those of us who are going will, hopefully, get together within the next month or so to make plans for the trip.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I checked The Troubadour calendar and there will be a show on Saturday, January 14th. This would be a great opportunity to get inside and explore. The band playing is The California Honeydrops whose musical influences are "Bay Area R&B, funk, Southern soul, Delta blues and New Orleans second-line" as stated on The Troubadour website. The tickets are $16.00 in advance and $18.00 DOS.

For those who will be in LA for our gathering let us know if you would be interested in going to The Troubadour that night. We could buy our tix in advance and save a couple of $ plus we would not have to wait in line to buy tix. More importantly I would hate to run the risk of not getting a ticket because it sells out. The Troubadour is not a big venue.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My two cents: It's definitely worth it to buy your tickets in advance, but they'll still make you stand in line!

That band sounds like something Glenn would've enjoyed - many of the same influences.

True, NMB! I forgot that when we went we were waiting in line with the people who already had tix. Looks like they would have 2 lines...