Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

I was born in Lifton in mid Devon, but spent most of my childhood in a beautiful town called Dartmouth in south Devon. It's where the Pilgrim Fathers initially sailed from, before they had to turn back for repairs in Plymouth. I went to university in London, lived in Cornwall for four years, Hong Kong for a year, Scotland for six months, then finally settled back in my home county in 1987, in a small village called Cornwood, and have lived there ever since.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm from Dublin in Ireland and am currently living there with no plans to make a permanent move. However I also lived in Boston USA for 4 months and in Clifden on the west coast of Ireland for a year. I'd love at some stage to purchase a holiday home in Clifden. Clifden is like where Glenn was describing when he wrote 'River of Dreams'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I was born in Dallas, Texas and lived here all my life.
    My parents aren't native Texans though. My dad was born in San Fransisco, California. At the time my granpa was working as a guard at Alcatraz Prison. My dad's family then moved to McNeil Island (Washington State) because my grandpa was transferred there for his prison job to work at the prison there. They lived there for a few years and then moved to Terre Haute, Indiana to work at the federal prison there where he retired from in the 1970s. My aunts still live in Terre Haute. My mom is originally from South Amboy, New Jersey. I don't remember what college my mom originally went to but she transferred to Indiana State University (I have no clue how she chose ISU) around the time her dad died. She also switched her major to accounting. She met my dad there at Indiana State University and started dating. After my mom graduated in May 1977, she moved to Dallas to take an accounting job and become a CPA (Certified Public Accountant). My dad had to repeat a class to graduate so he didn't graduate until December of 1977. He then moved to Dallas, got an accounting job and eventually became a CPA. My parents got married in December of 1977 and are still married and had three kids. I'm the oldest.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Default Where ya from?

I just love the diversity here. So many Eagles fans from so many places. How great is it that our mutual love and admiration for a certain bunch of guys can bring us all together? It's so fun to hear about each and every one of you, great idea for a topic SodaScouts.

Here's my short bit.....I was born and raised in California, lived all up and down from LA to Lake Tahoe. Spent some time in the music scenes of various places, that's what happens when you marry a musician lol! I eventually moved to Oklahoma (go Sooners!) where I stayed for about 12 years. Both of my parents were born there but met each other in California, hence how I came to be born there. Now I'm stuck in a little town in Tennessee, longing for the pines and ocean I left behind. My kids are spread from coast to coast, but we're looking forward to a family reunion this next year.....at an Eagles concert of course!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border

If we're going to say where our parents are from, my late father lived all his life in Newcastle. My mother was born in Nowra in southern NSW, spent some of her childhood in Lismore in northern NSW, went to university in Sydney, met my father in Taree in northern NSW where I was born, then they moved to Newcastle, now she's in Sydney close to her granddaughter.

Although actually at the moment she is in Warsaw. I wish.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I was born and have lived my entire life in Richmond, Virginia. My parents are also native Richmonders. I have four siblings - an older sister, an younger sister, and two younger brothers. They also all still live here as well. However, I mentioned in another thread that my maternal grandparents had 17 children so I do have quite a bit of family that live in other parts of the country. Like Brooke, every place I've ever lived is within less than a 10 mile radius. This may be the reason I enjoy traveling so much. I have done quite a bit of traveling both for work and pleasure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow you've really been around the world Nancy!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Border Desperado

I am Mexicano, and proud of it. One thing yes, the northern the better, Hermosillo City, Sonora State (next to Arizona rings a bell?). cOoL having friends around this Earth

http://www.sonora.gob.mx/recorrido/default.asp
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFan
    Im from London.
    Which part of London? Most of my family are from the Hammersmith area.

Great thread, it's really interesting to see where people come from - looks like we still need someone from Asia to have all continents covered

I was born in Zürich (CH) and grew up there before my parents and me moved to Rorschach, a small town close to St. Gallen (in the kanton of the same name).
    I live there with my mom now after having spent several years in the US in SLC (Utah). I still officially share an appartment in SLC with my roomie and best friend but don't have a chance to go there very often.
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight