Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Eagles moment x 3...

Default An Eagles moment x 3...

Hey everyone!

Been awhile since I've been in here, but as some of you know I was dealing with this cruddy illness again and again, landed in the hospital. But, I think i've found the right hospital, the right doctors and am on the right medicine this time! i feel like my former self and so far, are no side effects or bad reactions like before. I hope everyone is doing well, I will slowly try to catch up to what everyone's been up to.

During my illness last year, one of my friends and one of our own Eagles fan club members sent me a couple of Eagles t-shirts as a cheer me up gift! I don't know if she wants me to name her so i won't but i will if she's ok with it... lol Anyhooo... i was at Trader Joe's while ago, wearing one of them, and I got not one, not two, but three different compliments about my shirt!! I got into a lively conversation with an employee, a Jamaican guy who, in his own words, grew up in the hip-hop generation but loves the Eagles and rattled off several instances that Eagles tunes had influenced some hip-hop songs.

Obviously, the people who work and shop at Trader Joe's have great taste!!

Anyways, it reminded me of her and you guys so thought I'd pop in for a bit, and I will try to frequent more often too! I've been having fun actually getting to live a normal life and go out and do things that I haven't been able to for almost a year.

If i posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it Soda!! i'm always munking up stuff anyways. hehe

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: An Eagles moment x 3...

It's great to hear you're feeling better, Lizzy !! My best wishes and hopes that everything works out for you !!

It's amazing how music can bring so many people of different ethnicities, cultures, and upbringings together, and your Trader Joe's experience is a great example of that. I have gotten compliments about our boys from people I would never have thought knew who they are.

SO glad you are feeling better! I miss talking to you. I've been so busy with my own surgery, and now my mom's surgery I haven't been online much and when I am, not for very long.

Welcome back!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

very cool Eagles story Liz...so glad you are feeling well...we are getting a Trader Joe's...can't wait!

So wonderful to hear you are feeling better!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Lizzy, so glad you are feeling better & more like yourself again! That is a cool story about the t-shirts!

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Glad to see you back over here, Lizzy!!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Hi Lizzy!!!! I'm so glad that you are feeling like yourself again and feeling so much better. LOL that is way too awesome that your friends gave you Eagles shirts!!! Yeah Trader Joe's is awesome if they know the Eagles for sure. I love that story Lizzy.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Lizzy, I'm with the person who sent the shirts and she says it's fine to give her name!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Glad you are feeling better Lizzy and I love your story! Hope we'll hear from you more often again.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP