Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Thanks NYC Fan for the advice! I really appreciate your suggestions. I am planning to get on the platform at Willis Tower HOWEVER we will see how long I stay on it!

And I have heard the same thing about the CAF boat tours so I will definitely do that.

We are going to a Cubs game on July 5th. I would LOVE to touch the ivy but I guess that will not be happening unless I run onto the field. And I guess if I run on the field, I would probably be arrested and then I would miss the Louisville concert. Yeah, I can't see that happening! NO WAY!!

The Cubs will be playing the Pirates. Isn't there someone here on The Border that kinda supports the Pirates? Anyone? Anyone!
    I can't imagine who that would be!! I know TBF is a Cubs fan. Be sure to wear your Black and Gold!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I can't imagine who that would be!! I know TBF is a Cubs fan. Be sure to wear your Black and Gold!

OMG VA! If I wear Black and Gold to the Cubs game I will end up BLACK & BLUE!!

Thanks NYC Fan for the advice! I really appreciate your suggestions. I am planning to get on the platform at Willis Tower HOWEVER we will see how long I stay on it!

And I have heard the same thing about the CAF boat tours so I will definitely do that.

We are going to a Cubs game on July 5th. I would LOVE to touch the ivy but I guess that will not be happening unless I run onto the field. And I guess if I run on the field, I would probably be arrested and then I would miss the Louisville concert. Yeah, I can't see that happening! NO WAY!!

The Cubs will be playing the Pirates. Isn't there someone here on The Border that kinda supports the Pirates? Anyone? Anyone!
    Have a great time at the Cubs! I'd love to see a ballgame there. Seeing a concert there was fun, but there is nothing like a baseball game on a Summer day/night. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wear that blue and red proudly!!!!! I will warn you tho---it takes a LOT of guts to be a Cubs fan if you're so inclined to jump on the wagon.

ETA--- I just realized what day you said you're going. I think I might be there also. I believe that's the day that my nephew said he got our tickets for this year. Once a year, a group of us become Bleacher Bums at Wrigley (that is THE place to see the games from).

As for places to visit while you're in town--- Did anyone mention Navy Pier? That's awesome in the summer time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Wear that blue and red proudly!!!!! I will warn you tho---it takes a LOT of guts to be a Cubs fan if you're so inclined to jump on the wagon.
    OMG, that is for sure!

I can't think of which might be worse, blue and red or black and gold! Maybe you should venture south to baseball heaven in St. Louis and check out those magnificient red and white Cardinals while in the area!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    OMG, that is for sure!

I can't think of which might be worse, blue and red or black and gold! Maybe you should venture south to baseball heaven in St. Louis and check out those magnificient red and white Cardinals while in the area!
    Don't do it, HB!! Stay away from St. Louis! Ha, my Buccos are only two games behind the Cards, we'll catch 'em.

There's a preview of the Pirates/Cubs tonight and the next couple of days in Da Burgh, HB.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

TBF & VA - I think I better pick out some neutral colors!

TBF - Let me know if you do attend this game. I would love to meet you & put a face to a name. PM me when you find out. I am in the Infield Upper Deck. And I would love to be a bleacher bum for the day, that would be so much FUN! We are definitely going to Navy Pier. I want to ride the Ferris Wheel & also the extreme speedboat.

Brooke - I'm sorry, as a life long Astros fan, I can't convert to the Cards - NO way, NO how! The pain of so many, many games lost to St. Louis thru the seasons is too fresh in my mind! The Cards ALWAYS seemed to have the Astros' number. However I would like to visit St. Louis.

Thanks VA, Brooke, TBF - you gals are serious @ your teams and I like that!!

I so want to go to California...I have a friend in Santa Monica who actually rents her house out to vacationers...hmmm?...I sent for a California Visitor's Guide...I got it and can't put it down...so many things to do...and so many beautiful places...it's my dream...
    oh and my friend said to me..."is there a map to Timothy B Schmit's house in there"....does she know me or what?...lol

There's a preview of the Pirates/Cubs tonight and the next couple of days in Da Burgh, HB.
    Yeah, well that didn't go so well for my boys last night.

Wait till tonight when my boy Jeff takes the mound. Gonna kick some Buc butt!!!!!

TBF - Let me know if you do attend this game. I would love to meet you & put a face to a name. PM me when you find out. I am in the Infield Upper Deck. And I would love to be a bleacher bum for the day, that would be so much FUN! We are definitely going to Navy Pier. I want to ride the Ferris Wheel & also the extreme speedboat.

Thanks VA, Brooke, TBF - you gals are serious @ your teams and I like that!!
    I will do that. He was over yesterday and I forgot to ask him. Said something to hubby last night and he said he thinks it's later in the season. I know I have the 5th off but maybe I did that just to make a long weekend out of the 4th. It's heck getting old and forgetting things.