Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    and I'd love to go to NYC and really do all the touristy things...
    I'm ready whenever you are Z. We'll paint the town!!! Dreamer has a few plays on her bucket list so we should try and work it out!!

Believe it or not, my dream trip for the past year and a half WAS to go to Virginia, where my dream of seeing some other eagles would have been realized. As some of you know, I became addicted to a bald eagle's nest live web cam at Norfolk Botanical Garden in April of last year. When the female bald eagle was killed by an airplane at the the airport next door, the three eagle chicks were taken the the Wildlife Center of Virginia on the other side of the state where they were raised and released. Visiting these two places was a huge goal, until they took the nest down earlier this month on the advice of the USDA Wildlife Services. I still plan to go and visit the wildlife center, and I'll probably go to the garden too, but it just won't be the same.

Hubby does not like to fly, so we are limited to where we travel. We still have so much to see, because our trips are usually limited to a day to a day and a half's distance by car. This past February my SIL took me with her on a trip for two to the Dominican Republic that she won at work. As beautiful as it was down there, I could not fully enjoy it because of the huge difference in our personalities and lifestyles.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PM...so interesting about those "other" eagles...feel so bad about the momma...those poor little babies...I can see why you'd want to go visit...It's amazing how attached we get to these "cams"...My sister got me hooked on the Shiba Inu puppy cam...this couple in San Francisco raise these dogs and the puppy cam is absolutely addictive...

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm ready whenever you are Z. We'll paint the town!!! Dreamer has a few plays on her bucket list so we should try and work it out!!
    I'm ready...Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art (just one of a million museums), Times Square (although I did see that this summer), Broadway shows, shopping, Grand Central Terminal, Lincoln Center, Tiffany's, Wall St, 911 memorial, Chelslea Market,...I could go on all day I think...it's a start!....oooo I forgot the Brooklyn Bridge...

There are so many places I would love to see! I have been very lucky so far in my travels, but India and Japan are high on my list at the moment. I would also love to do an extended tour of Europe. Austria, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy... I have always had a thing about Sicily.

As for America, I'd love to go north east next. New York, Boston, Chicago... I'd also love to go somewhere really wild, like way out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska or Canada! That would be amazing.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I mentioned LA...of course that would have to include an "Eagles tour"!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I'm ready...Central Park, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art (just one of a million museums), Times Square (although I did see that this summer), Broadway shows, shopping, Grand Central Terminal, Lincoln Center, Tiffany's, Wall St, 911 memorial, Chelslea Market,...I could go on all day I think...it's a start!....oooo I forgot the Brooklyn Bridge...
    Y'all need to let me know when this trip happens, cus I'm like zelda, I want to do the entire NY touristy thing... I've been all over NY state, but never to NYC!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Anytime, LP!!! If you schedule and Z's don't mesh then we can just plan a separate trip for you. I already know you like my "cooking" and I know your cab-diving skills are up to snuff!! You have an open invitation!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Believe it or not, my dream trip for the past year and a half WAS to go to Virginia, where my dream of seeing some other eagles would have been realized. As some of you know, I became addicted to a bald eagle's nest live web cam at Norfolk Botanical Garden in April of last year. When the female bald eagle was killed by an airplane at the the airport next door, the three eagle chicks were taken the the Wildlife Center of Virginia on the other side of the state where they were raised and released. Visiting these two places was a huge goal, until they took the nest down earlier this month on the advice of the USDA Wildlife Services. I still plan to go and visit the wildlife center, and I'll probably go to the garden too, but it just won't be the same.

Hubby does not like to fly, so we are limited to where we travel. We still have so much to see, because our trips are usually limited to a day to a day and a half's distance by car. This past February my SIL took me with her on a trip for two to the Dominican Republic that she won at work. As beautiful as it was down there, I could not fully enjoy it because of the huge difference in our personalities and lifestyles.
    PM - if you decide to come to Virginia, you'll have to let me know. I have an open house, too. Even if a visit wouldn't work for you, maybe we could plan to meet up. I'd love to meet you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Absolutely Dreamer. I wouldn't come to VA without letting you know.

My dillemma is that the Wildlife Center of Virginia is not open to the public. They are a teaching hospital and have open houses (that fill up very quickly) in the spring and fall. It's very difficult to plan a vacation based on that. But I'm going to try. I would also like to visit historical Williamsburg, and any other place you Virginians recommend.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.