Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Default Where Would You Like To Visit?

I've been thinking of this a long time...and two places I'd like to visit are the UK...especially London...and anywhere in Ireland...I fell in love with London back when Prince Charles married Diana...and still want to visit...and Ireland looks like the most beautiful place...
    and I'd love to see California...LA, San Francisco, the redwoods in northern California, the Pacific Ocean,...you name it I want to see it in Cal.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Where Would You Like To Visit?

I've been lucky enough to have seen a lot of places in the US & UK. Europe is the place I need to rediscover. Most of my travels in Europe where when I was 11/12.

The number one place on my list is Russia & it always will be. When I was a kid it was Japan. For places in Europe I need to go back to, they are Spain, Portugal & Italy. I don't believe I will ever go to Ireland because my husband is English & he would not set foot there (I refer to the Troubles in Northern Ireland).

In the US I'd like to go back to Chicago, New Orleans & New York & I would like to see the New England autumn foliage.

Unfortunately I am now probably too old to go to Africa or South America, or China. I could write about this forever, but won't.

Too bad your husband still lives in the past, FP. Ireland is magnificent, and the County of Kerry is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever visited, right up there with Southern Italy's Amalfi Coast.

I've been fortunate enough to visit many places all around the world, but I've never been to Israel or Russia (although I've been to Romania and Moldova). Those are both places I'd like to see one day.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I've always loved and been fascinated with the British, so definitely first on my list would be London. I'm Irish, so Ireland is a must see, too. China, Japan, and Russia are on the list also !!

As far as the US, the only places that I've wanted to go but haven't been are LA and Boston. I'm looking forward to making these a realization soon !!

I would like to visit Australia, since I am a child. I have collected every little article about Australia and have seen any information broadcast or travelogues on TV!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

LA/Sunset Strip, Vegas, Antarctica, London.

Just for fun, places I've been:

Nashville, Alaska, Vancouver, Bahamas, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, Seattle, Branson, St. Louis, Ft. Myers, Naples, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Iowa City, Tunica.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I would like to visit Australia, since I am a child. I have collected every little article about Australia and have seen any information broadcast or travelogues on TV!
    Any particular place?

I forgot about the Grand Canyon...and I'd love to see Mt. Rushmore...there are so many beautiful places right here in our own country that I'd love to see...and I'd love to go to NYC and really do all the touristy things...

I keep thinking of places...Alaska and Italy....still more to come I'm sure

Over the last few years I've had several dreams that I visited Chicago...so maybe I'm meant to go there one day!...I've heard it's a beautiful city...
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 10-22-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: adding to

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would love to travel extensively, but my husband really could care less. He doesn't understand me at all on it. Getting him out of Missouri is quite a feat! I hope to talk him in to doing some of it, at least, someday.

I'm most interested in seeing all of the sights in the US such as the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, Sodona, Niagara Falls, NYC, LA (and all of the Eagles related sites along the way including the Hotel California, Troubadour, Sunset Grill, Pacific Coast Highway, and the Canyons!) Boston and New England in the fall. And of course, I want to stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ! I'm sure there are more, but these come right off the top of my head.

As for Europe, I'd love to see London, Ireland, Switzerland, and Italy and maybe the pyramids in Egypt.

I've been to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Cancun, Mexico; Miami, South Beach, and Tampa, Florida. Branson, Osage Beach, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Austin and San Antonio in recent years. Many years ago as a teenager I got to go on a 4-H trip with a bunch of other teenagers out east to Washington DC and Gettysburg and Lancaster, PA. I loved it and would like to go again, but the others top my list.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I'm pretty lucky - I been pretty much everywhere I'd like to go in the U.S. with a few exceptions - I still need to see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone National Park. And Brooke - it didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it, but I also need to stand on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. I've also been to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

But as much as I've traveled, I've never left the North American continent (I'm counting the Caribbean as part of North America). At the top of my bucket list is to plan an extended trip to Europe where I can visit as many countries as possible.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016