Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What are you into at the moment?

Default Re: What are you into at the moment?

Lizzy, let me know what you think? If you have any questions, just ask. I am familiar with a lot of the stuff. Just be aware that some of the makeup colors may be a little darker than they look on the screen. Also, read the reviews of the products & it will give you some idea what people think of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Lizzy, let me know what you think? If you have any questions, just ask. I am familiar with a lot of the stuff. Just be aware that some of the makeup colors may be a little darker than they look on the screen. Also, read the reviews of the products & it will give you some idea what people think of it!
    I'm like a kid in a candy store on this site. lol Dazed... 'look at all the pretty colors'...

I am definitely going to order a few things and check it out. I like that they have reviews for everything... I place a lot of faith when ordering things, after reading reviews.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Enjoy Lizzy!

I tend to wear make up to work Monday to Friday, but I try to give my face a break at the weekends with just plenty of moisturiser and toner!

All I'm into at the moment is Glenn s new CD!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

You can be assured if I am parked in front of the computer, I am not wearing any makeup... lol But, I do like to get all dolled up when I go out, but I don't have to have it on to run to the store, or things like that.

I'm going to start buying a lot more Eagles/Glenn things after the concert has passed. Right now, I am putting every penny aside to make sure that I have a great time in Atlanta and can get plenty of souvenirs!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Sherlock Holmes / Sherlock
    When I was a kid, I read a LOT. All the time. My mother was the church librarian and whenever I had to wait for her to wrap things up I would sit in the backroom and read. When I was about 9, I discovered Sherlock Holmes in the library. I read through all the short stories in about a month and then the novels. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the series starring Jeremy Brett which was in reruns on A&E. They were so close to the stories, and Brett was so close to how I imagined Sherlock Holmes to be, that it made me love them even more! Brett's interpretation of Holmes was so magnificent no one else has come close.

However, a couple years ago, the BBC did a re-imagining of the stories set in modern times called Sherlock. While these are not adaptations of the stories, they pay homage a great deal. The mysteries are very well-written and the filming is innovative and interesting. I love it! The only problem is that there are only a very few of them, and only three of the episodes are available in the States. I'm hungry for Season 2, which will be shown here in May... it's hard to wait, though! I wind up re-watching the ones available on Netflix.

And something VERY clever... the series creators have set up pretend blogs for Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and the girl who has a crush on Holmes. It's adorable. It won't mean much unless you've seen the series, but in case you want to investigate, here is John Watson's blog and Sherlock Holmes' blog.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I watched the same Jeremy Brett series, Soda - and loved it too.

I have recently re-read many of the short stories, I didn't remember the plots of any of them!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

That sounds cool, Soda!

I'm really into the BBC Parliament channel at the moment. I've become a bit obsessed with watching the live House of Commons debates (and also following the US election process.)

I'm also fascinated with the British Secret Service and I've been watching a few documentaries on YouTube lately.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 03-19-2012 at 01:13 PM.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I've never been a big Sherlock Holmes fan, but I LOVED Sherlock. I can't wait until we can see some new ones. We recorded the first 3 on TiVo and still watch them occasionally. It's one of the few shows my whole family enjoys.

BBC America rocks! Lately we've been watching a lot of things there. We all like Top Gear, and my husband and younger daughter are huge Dr. Who and Torchwood addicts, when they're running those shows.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    That sounds cool, Soda!

I'm really into the BBC Parliament channel at the moment. I've become a bit obsessed with watching the live House of Commons debates (and also following the US election process.)

I'm also fascinated with the British Secret Service and I've been watching a few documentaries on YouTube lately.
    Troub, I know I shouldn't ask, but are you Labour, Conservative or LibDem? If you tell me I'll tell you (although you may already know). You don't have to tell me, of course.

As you are interested in the Secret Service have you ever read any John LeCarre? I'm reading Smiley's People at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As you are interested in the Secret Service have you ever read any John LeCarre? I'm reading Smiley's People at the moment.
    I have read a couple - most recently 'The Constant Gardener' - but I definitely want to read more in the near future. Would you recommend any novels in particular? Le Carre was born in the same town as my grandmother (Poole, Dorset) and in the same year, too. I often go back to Poole to wander along the Quay and to watch the boats. It is a beautiful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Troub, I know I shouldn't ask, but are you Labour, Conservative or LibDem? If you tell me I'll tell you (although you may already know). You don't have to tell me, of course.
    I have always associated myself mainly with the Liberal Democrats, but I admire much of what Labour has done for my country and I am in line with their beliefs in equality, healthcare, opportunity and support for workers. I have only ever voted for those two parties. I am very interested in your views, and I don't believe I know yet which party you identify with!

On another topic, I thought of you yesterday, Julie. I was at my aunt's house for a Mother's Day gathering and my young cousins, Morgan and Beatrice, were sitting on my lap while we watched the Liverpool v Stoke match. Morgan surprised me with his football knowledge (he's six) and both kids were supporting Liverpool. I thought you would approve!
    Last edited by Troubadour; 03-19-2012 at 06:27 PM.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--