Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Default Re: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just having an interest in this again I think they’re a couple we can agree that have been played. Get you in the mood was played in Denver before they recorded the first album. So I’m not sure if you would consider that. And a few people have claimed to have seen Try and love again live as well as the capital centre concert setlist apparently including It. I haven’t heard of the others being played. I have to think at some point they played is it true as it was a better song than Midnight Flyer (in my opinion) or at least more mainstream. But they played midnight flyer for a while. Anyone else heard or seen one of the songs on the list?
    I think I read on here that Glenn did You Are Not Alone and I Love to Watch A Woman Dance in his solo shows, but not with the band.

I agree Is It True is better than Midnight Flyer, but I don't know if they performed it..I would love to see a video of Try and Love Again live.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just having an interest in this again I think they’re a couple we can agree that have been played. Get you in the mood was played in Denver before they recorded the first album. So I’m not sure if you would consider that. And a few people have claimed to have seen Try and love again live as well as the capital centre concert setlist apparently including It. I haven’t heard of the others being played. I have to think at some point they played is it true as it was a better song than Midnight Flyer (in my opinion) or at least more mainstream. But they played midnight flyer for a while. Anyone else heard or seen one of the songs on the list?
    Personally, I think you could make a case either way for Get You in the Mood - so maybe that should be an asterisk on the list. It also looks like there are some unverified accounts that On the Border and Try and Love Again were performed live. I would be inclined to think they were performed, but I wish we had a way to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I think I read on here that Glenn did You Are Not Alone and I Love to Watch A Woman Dance in his solo shows, but not with the band.

I agree Is It True is better than Midnight Flyer, but I don't know if they performed it..I would love to see a video of Try and Love Again live.
    Yep Groupie - Glenn did perform these in some of his solo shows, as well as, I Dreamed There Was No War.

And FWIW - I have to disagree about Is It True being better than Midnight Flyer by a long shot, but that's all subjective.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    His voice is just amazing in that! Thanks!

I hadn't realized they had never done On The Border live. I guess I just assumed they would have because it was a minor hit.
    On The Border was done once https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43c12b03.html

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    I've been wondering for a while what songs the Eagles have recorded but never preformed live. I made a list of the songs that I couldn't find live versions of. If you see one on this list that you know they've performed live feel free to correct me

Get You In the Mood
    Most of Us are Sad
    Take the Devil
    My Man
    On the Border
    Is It True
    Hollywood Waltz
    Visions
    I Wish You Peace
    Try and Love Again
    The Disco Strangler
    Teenage Jail
    What Do I Do With My Heart
    Fast Company
    Do Something
    You Are Not Alone
    I Dreamed There Was No War
    Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
    Last Good Time in Town
    I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
    Business as Usual
    Center of the Universe
    It’s Your World Now
    The following have been done live:

1)On The Border https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43c12b03.html

2)Teenage Jail- https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...d-bdff59e.html

3)Try and Love Again was done in the 77 leg of the Hotel California tour, including 1977 Capital Center

However, we do not have any live footage of these songs

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    The following have been done live:

1)On The Border https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43c12b03.html

2)Teenage Jail- https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...d-bdff59e.html

3)Try and Love Again was done in the 77 leg of the Hotel California tour, including 1977 Capital Center

However, we do not have any live footage of these songs
    Thanks for that, I didn’t know OTB was played. I wonder what event they attended where they played less than 10 songs

Border Desperado

Something to remember about the setlist site. It's not official, and not always right. There are some partial listings too.

Border Troubadour

Is that On the Border gig the benefit mentioned in Eliot's book? It involved Linda Ronstadt amongst others too I think, and it remains the only source I have ever seen that states OTB was played live.

Border Rebel

For sure BB. In my concert research I've found lots of discrepancies between set lists and what was actually played. Of course concert reviews didn't give the entire set list but some of the songs the reviewer wrote about gave good info. For instance, "One of these Nights" was not played at my 1980 concert, the reviewer was questioning why. Also he noted that they did "Sea Cruise" even though the set list he saw at the control board called for "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks." Same thing goes for some of the concert dates listings. My first Eagles concert in 1975 is listed as April and it was actually rescheduled for August. My last concert in June of 1980 isn't listed at all. It must have been added later in the scheduled dates.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Something to remember about the setlist site. It's not official, and not always right. There are some partial listings too.
    Yeah true. Forgot to mention that they may be wrong. But if, that 79 Cap Center setlist is real, would love to get a bootleg of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Yeah true. Forgot to mention that they may be wrong. But if, that 79 Cap Center setlist is real, would love to get a bootleg of that.
    Yes, I'm afraid linking to those as "proof" that the songs were played is not sufficient. If we can find a bootleg, though... that's another matter!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten