Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Millenium Concert

Default The Millenium Concert

I just heard this for the first time today. LOVE it! But why Dirty Laundry and ASWTDID?!

~

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The Millenium Concert

Because the Eagles played those songs at that show. Because for whatever reason Glenn, who compiled the box set, doesn't think his songs are worthy of inclusion (look at the Fast Lane disc. He has two leads, one of which is Born To Boogie). Because Don is the 'chief vocalist'. Who knows.

If he really believes that, that's really sad.

Man, no wonder Don likes being with the Eagles; Glenn just gives and gives and gives some more! Lavish in praise and generous in deeds. But I sure wish he'd consider himself more.

~

Stuck on the Border

Don't forget the 'phone book' comment.

Ever heard or seen Don say something similar about Glenn?

Good question.

~

sjl

I know this is off topic, but I think the worst thing I've ever heard that Don said about Glenn, was questioning him early on in the HFO tour whether or not Glenn was truly too sick to tour. The man ended up in the hospital having part of his intestine removed.

Woah, Molly. I have to agree - that's pretty bad.

~

Stuck on the Border

Well, you see, Glenn didn't tell Don how sick he was. How inconsiderate of him.

To be fair Don has said things like 'Glenn was a great coach' and 'helped him with songwriting' but really, as for praising Glenn's own talents, it doesn't happen much.

Another thing is that Glenn because of the Splendid Isolation of being the band leader etc etc, introduces other band members, but it never happens to him. He's NEVER introduced or given a name check (although he gives himself one in F1 before the band intros & gets applause). That's part of the 'lonely at the top' thing. Or you could say it's that it's obvious who he is and no further explanation is necessary, I guess....

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

First of all, how lame for anyone to criticize Glenn for soldiering on despite the fact that he must have been in a lot of pain. Of course he hid it from his bandmates. He didn't want to concern them, and additionally - you know how men are. They hate to admit weakness. Also, it's possible he himself didn't understand the severity of it. While I wish he hadn't put himself into physical danger, I admire his willingness to go out there and perform despite the pain, to not let down his fans or his bandmates (to his thinking). I mean, think about other folks who cancel concerts at the drop of a hat - wasn't it Britney who cancelled an entire tour because of a sore knee? What Glenn did was admirable, although again I wish he had realized earlier that he needed to get treatment. It astonishes me that anyone would DISS him for such self-sacrifice.

Another thing is that Glenn because of the Splendid Isolation of being the band leader etc etc, introduces other band members, but it never happens to him. He's NEVER introduced or given a name check (although he gives himself one in F1 before the band intros & gets applause). That's part of the 'lonely at the top' thing.
    Yes, but being the one to introduce implies you're the "Grand Master" - the one in charge, the one in control. I bet he relishes that.

~

sjl

I'm sure Glenn didn't realize how sick he really was, or how quickly it could take such a bad turn.

And hopefully, an apology from Don came privately. I just remember when I read that (on one of my early lurking visits to the board) I was astonished.