Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 1977 DC concert

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Wow, you guys are better than me. I can't make one song out.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah, I don't know if the documentary was completed. I don't know if the whole concert was filmed. But, why would they only film part of it ? They filmed over a two day period....
    Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's. According to an old article I read on him, he lived with Glenn and JD when he was doing research for a book on the Manson family he was writing. If I remember right(sorry I read it so long ago), some nuts from the family came to Glenn & JD's house to harass Sanders. Glenn would throw glass milk bottles at them to chase them away.
    Sanders was hired to write a biography type book on the band. I think, but am not sure, it was completed but just never published. Maybe another border member knows something. Soda ? Dreamer ? FP ?
    That's a bit scary considering everything that took place with that "family".

Glass milk bottles. OK. That's just funny. I can just see him taking aim and whack! Another one gone. LOLOLOL. Probably heisted them from grocery stores and had a stash by the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    I've captured the screen using PrtSc option and then I have used 'red eye tool' in Photoscape in order to get a more clear view of that piece of paper. There are two pictures, one can be seen during OOTN (that's the one you mentioned a few days ago) and I've found the other durign TITL.

Here are the pics, although I have to say that I had them in a better quality; but when I've saved them they became more blurry (it usually happen when using Photoscape).

https://imgur.com/0U4h4F9
    https://imgur.com/77TtxTA
    https://i.imgur.com/dcdAcOV.jpg

I managed to read this:
    1. Hotel California - initialism
    2. Walk Away - I'm still struggling with the first word, but I'm hundred percent positive that the other word says 'Away'. The first word is smiliar to the other when talking abouth length and first letter looks like 'W'.
    3. ??? - Almost impossible to read, although I'm pretty sure the title consists of two words with both about six to eight letters long.
    4. Try and Love Again (?) - I can't guarantee it's TALA but it looks really possible. First of all, the title consists of four words and first one definitely is a three letter word. On top of that, first letter really looks like 'T'.
    5. Lyin' Eyes - I can read 'yes' in the second word and there is only one letter in front so it makes it pretty obvious.
    6. CROSSED
    7. ??? (one word, probably another abbrevation, last letter looks like T)
    8. New Kid in Town - It had trouble reading this one but it seems to me that it says 'New Kid'. Thelastresort mentioned that it's not strange to use shortened title.
    9. ??? (looks like one word, possibly Desperado or just another abbrevation or shortened title)
    10. ??? (longer title, TITL or OOTN maybe)
    11. Turn to Stone (?) - First word really looks like 'Turn' and title is consisted of three words.
    12. Already Gone (?) - Second letter of second word is probably 'G', length is similar.
    13. PARTIALLY CROSSED
    14. CROSSED
    15. PARTIALLY CROSSED
    16. ??? (probably a three word title)
    17. Witchy Woman (?) - First word looks like 'Witchy' and overall length of title is OK.

---GAP---

Sorry for not responding! I was busy with exams! Now they are over!

NOOOOOOOO. NOT WALK AWAY! The credibility of the setlists on setlist.fm of all 1977 concerts before the foreign ones will go away! Because if it is indeed Walk Away, then the setlist will most probably be this:

1) Hotel California
    2) Walk Away (James Gang cover)
    3) Wasted Time (most probably)
    4) Take It to the Limit (100% sure it is not TALA, unfortunately)
    5) Lyin' Eyes
    6) New Kid in Town (maybe?)
    7) Desperado
    One of These Nights
    9) Turn to Stone (Joe Walsh cover)
    10) Already Gone
    11) Life in the Fast Lane (maybe?)
    12) Rocky Mountain Way
    13) Witchy Woman
    14) James Dean
    15) Best of My Love
    16) Take It Easy

Did not do upto 20 ik, but this what I think it may be. This I did based on researching 1977 concerts, esp. of bootlegs I have. I think the following songs may be on here as well: 1) Too Many Hands 2) Doolin Dalton followed by reprises 3) Good Day in Hell?

I feel for Try and Love Again, very rare, and don't know where it will be in the setlist. As for Life's Been Good, now I am questioning it. Anyways, good finds Claret!
    The chemistry... nuff said

I couldn't find RMW, OOTN, Take it Easy, Best of My Love and Take It to the Limit but we already know that they were performed. I also think that Good Day in Hell is there, could be one of the crossed titles or even number 10 or 16.
    If I'm not wrong, Too Many Hands was usually performed as a part of encore. There are three songs separated from the others with a gap but their titles are impossible to read. TMH and Take it Easy could be there, because we know that TIE was the last song they did and there are also a number of bootlegs where they finished with that song.

I still think number 4 could really be TALA. I have some doubts (in fact I also though that it could be Take It to the Limit), but second word of the title on the paper is definitely not 'It'.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    I couldn't find RMW, OOTN, Take it Easy, Best of My Love and Take It to the Limit but we already know that they were performed. I also think that Good Day in Hell is there, could be one of the crossed titles or even number 10 or 16.
    If I'm not wrong, Too Many Hands was usually performed as a part of encore. There are three songs separated from the others with a gap but their titles are impossible to read. TMH and Take it Easy could be there, because we know that TIE was the last song they did and there are also a number of bootlegs where they finished with that song.

I still think number 4 could really be TALA. I have some doubts (in fact I also though that it could be Take It to the Limit), but second word of the title on the paper is definitely not 'It'.
    Yes, Too Many Hands was rare, but part of the encore usually in this tour, though I don't understand why. I love the song and it is my 3rd favorite from the album, but I don't understand why it is part of the encore. Like I don't think it is necessarily a fan favorite. I always thought of it as a deep cut.

Well here's hoping it could be Try And Love Again, but based on my research, Take It to the Limit was the song which always came after Wasted Time, not the former. But still I hope someone has a bootleg so we finally get to see the real setlist of at least one night. There is only one hope that the one on setlist.fm is real. This concert, 1980 New Mexico. Look at the setlist. It is apparently based on a bootleg of a member. He/she filled the setlist accordingly. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-7bc12664.html

The reason I say that this is a hope is because it shows that the Eagles can have weird setlists, and the one which is there for Capital Center 77 is pretty weird as well.

Have hope
    The chemistry... nuff said

Stuck on the Border

If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA. As I stated earlier, I could not make out a single song on the set list. I do know that they opened every concert with HC.
    On a side not, I think BOML and NKIT are the best versions I have ever heard of both songs. I love them.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA.
    That's exciting! Our friend Scottside told us that Randy performed both songs at two Nassau County shows in 1977. Wouldn't it be glorious, wonderful and beautiful if the filmed version of TALA emerges?

The Eagles must have intended a documentary and/or concert film release. Why else go to the expense of hiring an Oscar-level cinematographer and film crew.

If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA. As I stated earlier, I could not make out a single song on the set list. I do know that they opened every concert with HC.
    On a side not, I think BOML and NKIT are the best versions I have ever heard of both songs. I love them.
    Totally agree, part of it is the great quality video and audio, but they play flawlessly on both songs. Vocally it’s brilliant. The harmonies on NKIT are spectacular. Love watching that footage