Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: computers

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: computers

itunes works fine on my pc. I guess 'android' is the problem.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Austin, another one for ya!

My home pc is telling me that I need to troubleshoot the hard drive. The problem is the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I tried to install it or fix it and then it says it was not successfully installed. I've done this several times with the same outcome.

Any ideas how I can get this fixed and what it means if I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, another one for ya!

My home pc is telling me that I need to troubleshoot the hard drive. The problem is the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I tried to install it or fix it and then it says it was not successfully installed. I've done this several times with the same outcome.

Any ideas how I can get this fixed and what it means if I don't?
    I'm so sorry Brooke that I'm just now seeing this! If I don't answer in a couple days, feel free to PM to remind me to look at this thread.

I could type it all out but here is a YouTube video showing how to fix this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K607yrJBoo[/ame]

If you still have problems let me know. It may be complicated enough that I'll need to remote in or you can take it somewhere locally.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm so sorry Brooke that I'm just now seeing this! If I don't answer in a couple days, feel free to PM to remind me to look at this thread.

I could type it all out but here is a YouTube video showing how to fix this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K607yrJBoo

If you still have problems let me know. It may be complicated enough that I'll need to remote in or you can take it somewhere locally.
    No problem, Austin! I will give this a try at home. Thanks!

Well Austin, me again!

Recently the harddrive on on my pc crashed. I took it in and had a new one installed. Works great. The problem is I lost all the songs I had downloaded to itunes. All of the ones I bought from itunes are there, which I retrieved. Is there any way to get those back without actually burning them from my cds again? I'm also afraid to sync from my ipod because it will take them all off of the ipod because they aren't on the computer. Any ideas?

Just letting everyone know I did respond to Brooke in PM, I saw it before I saw this post.

In cases like this, it's best to just re rip everything from CD as iTunes only goes one way - computer to device. Plugging it into a computer (PC/Mac) with an empty library/missing songs will end up removing missing songs from your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Ask me how I know.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just letting everyone know I did respond to Brooke in PM, I saw it before I saw this post.

In cases like this, it's best to just re rip everything from CD as iTunes only goes one way - computer to device. Plugging it into a computer (PC/Mac) with an empty library/missing songs will end up removing missing songs from your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Ask me how I know.
    Yes, he did! Thanks so much Austin!

I figured as much! .....stupid computer!

This brings up a question, actually...I had to get a new laptop a few months ago (my old one died suddenly). My iPod was synced to my old laptop. My iPod has over 800 songs on it and I really don't want to have to start over adding everything again, it took me years to get it to this point, but every time I've gotten a new laptop, I've had to start over. There is a lot I want to add too, and now I can't. Does anyone know how to get what is on the iPod now on to iTunes? I know if I just sync it, it will wipe the iPod clean. Is there a way to manually add songs from the iPod to the computer and then to iTunes? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    This brings up a question, actually...I had to get a new laptop a few months ago (my old one died suddenly). My iPod was synced to my old laptop. My iPod has over 800 songs on it and I really don't want to have to start over adding everything again, it took me years to get it to this point, but every time I've gotten a new laptop, I've had to start over. There is a lot I want to add too, and now I can't. Does anyone know how to get what is on the iPod now on to iTunes? I know if I just sync it, it will wipe the iPod clean. Is there a way to manually add songs from the iPod to the computer and then to iTunes? Thanks!
    Not without purchasing extra 3rd party software to do it for you. iTunes is a one way street - computer to device. You would need a specific piece of software to go in reverse. And none of them are free unfortunately.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Not without purchasing extra 3rd party software to do it for you. iTunes is a one way street - computer to device. You would need a specific piece of software to go in reverse. And none of them are free unfortunately.
    Ugh, that sucks. That's what I was afraid of. For now, I've left the iPod as it is, until I'm ready to spend hours putting it all back. Out of curiosity, what software would do this? Have you (or anyone else out there) used it?