Thread: Rockin Roots Of The Eagles Live Album

Out on the Border

Default Rockin Roots Of The Eagles Live Album

Hi everyone. So I just went for a cruise with my buddy and he played a cd he just picked up at Walmart. It's called Rockin Roots of The Eagles. It's a live album and I think the tracks are from the Hell Freeze Over tour. This is the first I've ever seen or heard of it. I looked for it on ITunes but it's not there. I can't find much info on it. Is it possible for a cd to be put out like this one without the consent of the Eagles?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Rockin Roots Of The Eagles Live Album

Welcome Rockyn - This is not an official release by the band - it's a bootleg. The topic of bootlegs just came up in another thread. As Soda said in her response there, with today's technology, anyone can burn a CD, slap a photoshopped label on it, and sell it somewhere on the internet.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

That's kind of what I thought. But what puzzles me is that it was bought at Walmart. I didn't think they would sell bootlegs.

Out on the Border

Oh and thanks for the welcome and the prompt reply.😀😀

Out on the Border

Oh and thanks for the welcome and the prompt reply.😀😀

Welcome to the Border, Rockyn!

I'm going to take a guess and say that the retailers: Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and etc. are just unaware that the CD that your friend bought wasn't an official release or they don't care. Whoever made it gets some money and whatever retailer makes a little cash.

On a side note, I feel a little upset whenever I see a bootleg at my local used music store. It just doesn't feel right to see an unofficial release being sold in a store of any sort. Plus, they're expensive, IMO. The only CDs of Glenn Frey that the stores I go to have the Take It to the Limit Radio Broadcast from 1986 bootleg that only has 8 songs and is sold for about $15. I strongly dislike it that the person who "made" it just did it to cash on Frey's passing, and the store doesn't care.

I don't know how the Eagles or Don would even go after the people that sell bootlegs on Amazon. Maybe it's too hard, so that's part of the reason why he targets YouTube. To me, selling bootlegs of an established artist's work is worse than posting a clip on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I don't know how the Eagles or Don would even go after the people that sell bootlegs on Amazon. Maybe it's too hard, so that's part of the reason why he targets YouTube. To me, selling bootlegs of an established artist's work is worse than posting a clip on YouTube.
    Agree 100%!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten