Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy Being Fabulous

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm pleasantly surprised!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I actually think this song is great.It's one of the stronger songs on the CD.
    Take It Easy
    Billy

Stuck on the Border

It's a strong song with a typical Eagles message. Again I wish I knew who played what.

Looooooooove this one! Definently one of my favorites. It has SUCH a catchy melody and catch phrase. This is one of the three that I find myself singing when I'm all alone with no music on. lol

*edit*

I should add that the only thing I don't like is when it gets to the bridge. There's these certain parts in the music that seem to throw off the balance and melody. I don't know how to explain it. It sounds almost like deep bells but I'm sure it's the keyboard. Anyway...it just seems to kind of disrupt the melody to me. But not enough that I don't love it

The thing about this song is the hook. It stays in your brain. That kind of thing is what makes a single successful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like this song, but it's not one of my favorites. However, I agree that it has that catchy hook that stays with you. I mean how many times already in our everyday conversations have we used the phrase. Heck - like many of you, I was saying it as soon as I saw title before I had even heard the first note.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I went grocery shopping today and when I got into the car .. what is playing on the radio but "Busy Being Fabulous".

Stuck on the Border

I like the song, but, and this may sound stupid, but, the word "fabulous" grates on me. It makes me think of the TV show "Housewives of Orange County" -those women attempt "fabulocity" 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I find them extremely irritating.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I like the song, but, and this may sound stupid, but, the word "fabulous" grates on me. It makes me think of the TV show "Housewives of Orange County" -those women attempt "fabulocity" 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I find them extremely irritating.
    Fabulous is one of my least favorite words, but I do love the song, and I think it's because it is a bit of a rant about people like those women on HOOC - shallow, materialistic, etc.

Busy Being Fabulous
    is one of my top five songs on the CD. Coincidentally, as I started typing this response while listening to Joe's interview on Planet Rock, this song started playing. I think I like it more each time I hear it.

People magazine reviewed the cd and named this their "Download This" song and talked about how catchy it is. When I get back from dinner I'll type out the review. I couldn't find it online. lol