Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy Being Fabulous

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I only heard a short clip of the new song. Is the whole song on there somewhere?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I only heard a short clip of the new song. Is the whole song on there somewhere?
    I think the clip on the official site is it for right now, tbs. I like what I've heard of the song. However, there does seem to be a strong country flavor to some of the songs they've released so far i.e. Do Something, How Long, and now Busy Being Fabulous. When I first listened to the clip, I thought to myself, "Man, they are really taking on a strong country sound, in addition to aligning themselves with the Dixie Chicks, Reba McIntire, and Kenny Chesney of late." However, then there is NMCD and Fast Company, which aren't country at all to me. Maybe they are going to give us a little bit of everything - a mix of many styles. After all, back in the day, they did Bluegrass to Hard Rock, and everything in between. It worked then, so maybe it'll work now, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Okay, so I got that one wrong! It's Henley's song after all. Should've known it was about a woman.

Default Fabulous

Thanks for the heads up, finally got to listen to it. Very catchy, wanted to hear more of it. From the snippet, it sounds great. Hope they put up more teasers to keep us wanting even more!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oooohh, Don sounds fabulous! I really like it!

It has another country flavor, but I really think that that is where the market is for them these days as far as getting airplay. Classic rock stations might play a little of their new stuff, but any major moolah (if that's what they're after) will be made in the country genre. I just don't see 60ish rock stars being popular anywhere else on the radio. jmo. What do you think?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I agree Brooke. It's smart for them to go for the country market.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke

It has another country flavor, but I really think that that is where the market is for them these days as far as getting airplay. Classic rock stations might play a little of their new stuff, but any major moolah (if that's what they're after) will be made in the country genre. I just don't see 60ish rock stars being popular anywhere else on the radio. jmo. What do you think?
    Do you think How Long sounds "60ish"? I don't know. I do know, though, that it sounds very different from the other songs on the top 40 pop charts, so perhaps it wouldn't fare so well against them. Still, we've seen country tunes make the pop charts before. Look at Shania Twain. When I listen to the radio now and hear songs like the Foo Fighters' "Pretender", Matchbox20's "How Far We've Come," and Maroon 5's "Wake Up Call" - there is quite a gulf between those songs and How Long.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke

Do you think How Long sounds "60ish"? I don't know. I do know, though, that it sounds very different from the other songs on the top 40 pop charts, so perhaps it wouldn't fare so well against them. Still, we've seen country tunes make the pop charts before. Look at Shania Twain. When I listen to the radio now and hear songs like the Foo Fighters' "Pretender", Matchbox20's "How Far We've Come," and Maroon 5's "Wake Up Call" - there is quite a gulf between those songs and How Long.
    Oh no, you took 60ish wrong! Not as in music from the 60's. I meant their ages! Just can't see Glenn and the guys up there on the pop charts with say Justin Timberlake or any of those you mentioned! Like watching a video from Timberlake then, up next, the Eagles! I just can't see that with the age difference! You will see it though, on CMT or GAC. Country is much more diversified. It can go from Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift to Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson! And I've seen How Long on CMT now. Finally!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

If you are right with your guess, Brooke, I think the new Eagles songs will never make it here in Germany.

Ah, sorry I got that wrong, Brooke! But on VH1 I not only saw their video, but videos by Bruce Springsteen, Melissa Etheridge, and Bon Jovi all interspersed with modern music. Admittedly Bon Jovi is younger but still not young.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten