Page 7 of 273 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

After all these tidbits for those of us who can't view it, I'm just hoping we get an actual release date PRONTO!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that this is primarily Don H. & Glenn's story and some of it could very well be selective memory. However, you can't tell the whole 40 year-old story in a three hour documentary, and I would love to know how the documentarians decided what to leave on the editing room floor. (I hope they interview them on the DVD as a bonus feature, but I digress). I also agree that Randy and Bernie left because they weren't happy with the turn of things in the band. However, the point that I was trying to make (although not very effectively) is that they did, in fact, recognize when it was time for them to leave, whereas, Felder just continued to remain and cause conflict until he was forced out. To me, it's the matter of degree between being 'pushed' out vs. being 'forced' out. I think that Henley and Frey did try to involve the other band members, but, ultimately, decisions were made on what they felt was best for the band, not any one particular individual. All of them had to 'take one for the team' at times.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I do believe that some of this is what I call "selective memory". This is pretty much all Don & Glenn's story.
    I suppose it could be called 'selective memory' but even back in the early 80's when doing interviews they played down the conflict between them. I think it's that they got past it and resolved it, and it's not a big deal to either of them and not what springs to mind when either of them think of the past. I prefer to call it 'healing'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Well, from what we are hearing...tonight is going to be a lot about Joe! I did get a kick out of him in his heyday, but yes, he was pretty messed up.
    Luckily they all cleaned up their act. I don't think the drug thing was emphasized too much in part 1, but I guess it got progressively worse especially for Joe.
    I'm just wondering if we are going to be seeing much of TIMOTHY??? So far, not much, but that was to be expected in part 1. I was just thrilled to see that little Poco clip of him singing "Here We Go Again" in that leather fringed jacket. I don't recall him ever wearing anything like that! It was sooo cute!

One question: Do we know if Stevie has been interviewed for this??? So far, no mention of her. She did date both Don and Joe, so I was thinking maybe she may have been included in this??

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've heard there is very little reference to personal lives, spouses, etc, from the reviews.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    After all these tidbits for those of us who can't view it, I'm just hoping we get an actual release date PRONTO!!
    +1
    Still waiting on some more juicy tidbits from last night (and tonight) too!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I've heard there is very little reference to personal lives, spouses, etc, from the reviews.
    Yes, I am a little disappointed that pretty much nothing is mentioned about their personal lives. I guess they like to keep it that way! I guess it would get too long & complicated if they got into it, but it would have been nice to get a little more info on that!
    This is about the band.... but if they are getting into Joe's rehab, well that's pretty personal.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Well, as we all know there are 3 sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth. Anything we say is pure conjecture, as I'm sure there is embellishment and exaggeration on all sides. None of us will ever know the full truth, and honestly, it doesn't really matter. It takes a lot of courage to admit your shortcomings and own up to being wrong, especially in front of millions of people. I enjoyed the documentary immensely and I'm excited for part 2 tonight.

I am also looking forward to tonight. As for Joe's transformation, I'm glad it all turned out well, but I'm not sure how much I want to hear about him hitting rock bottom....I hate to think about that part of it. I'm just so happy to see how great he is these days!