Page 269 of 273 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I was watching part 2 tonight before bed, and I noticed that during the HFO rehearsal footage and the video, Don Henley had a wrist brace on his left wrist . Anyone know why? That's the only time I've seen him wearing one while playing? Did he injure his hand?
    I don't have a clue.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

You've got me thinking there AlreadyGone95.

There were a few questions around, when the Eagles reconnected for Hell Freezes Over, about whether the guys still had their musical chops, but I don't recall Henley's drumming being one of them.

I saw Don live in 1989 and, apart from Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane, he didn't play any drums. When they decided to get back together, Don was confronted with the prospect of being back behind the drums for large portions of the show. After a decade holding the mic, it'd be a tough ask, as sports types say. I'm not surprised he had a few aches and strains.

I thought Joe Vitale was sonically, a great live addition towards the end of the Eagles first run but I believed the HFO guys; Scott Crago, Timothy Drury, Al Garth and John Corey, were more or less just comfort blankets for Glenn and Don.

The longevity and success of the "Second Act" of the Eagles career could be largely down to the fact that it wasn't just the five of them on stage any more, there were always other guys present taking some of the strain.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Based on what Timothy said in the Huell Howser video, they were practicing 6 days a week for 6 weeks. Don wrist wrap was probably in response to or to prevent tendinitis/overuse.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    You've got me thinking there AlreadyGone95.

There were a few questions around, when the Eagles reconnected for Hell Freezes Over, about whether the guys still had their musical chops, but I don't recall Henley's drumming being one of them.

I saw Don live in 1989 and, apart from Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane, he didn't play any drums. When they decided to get back together, Don was confronted with the prospect of being back behind the drums for large portions of the show. After a decade holding the mic, it'd be a tough ask, as sports types say. I'm not surprised he had a few aches and strains.

I thought Joe Vitale was sonically, a great live addition towards the end of the Eagles first run but I believed the HFO guys; Scott Crago, Timothy Drury, Al Garth and John Corey, were more or less just comfort blankets for Glenn and Don.

The longevity and success of the "Second Act" of the Eagles career could be largely down to the fact that it wasn't just the five of them on stage any more, there were always other guys present taking some of the strain.
    If you saw Henley play drums during a solo show, you witnessed something uinque. I know of one show he did in Colorado a few years ago where he played drums on those particular songs you mention. Apart from that this is the first time I have ever heard someone who has seen him solo state that he played drums during a show.

Banned

I'm questioning my memory now

I'm pretty sure that Don was asked about sharing a drum kit with the late great Bury'n, Ian Wallace as, I think, Ian was left handed.

Don had a surprisingly decent light show but 1989 would've been before the big screens. Did he really perform his, end of show highlights from behind his drum kit.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia
    Based on what Timothy said in the Huell Howser video, they were practicing 6 days a week for 6 weeks. Don wrist wrap was probably in response to or to prevent tendinitis/overuse.
    Checking the dates. The MTV shows were performed at the end of April 1994. The HFO Tour began at the end of May. The Album was released in November 1994.

Did anybody see the Eagles perform Get Over It when Don was introducing it with the Mantra. I think it dropped it after a handful shows.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm questioning my memory now

I'm pretty sure that Don was asked about sharing a drum kit with the late great Bury'n, Ian Wallace as, I think, Ian was left handed.

Don had a surprisingly decent light show but 1989 would've been before the big screens. Did he really perform his, end of show highlights from behind his drum kit.

Checking the dates. The MTV shows were performed at the end of April 1994. The HFO Tour began at the end of May. The Album was released in November 1994.

Did anybody see the Eagles perform Get Over It when Don was introducing it with the Mantra. I think it dropped it after a handful shows.
    I had a bootleg of them doing it in Mountain View, California, around about August 1994. By the time they got to Australia in 1995 (after a delay becaue Glenn was sick) it had been dropped. I haven't watched the bootleg for a long time so I don't remember how it was introduced.

Back in the late 80s, Don got behind the drums for the encore when he played HC and LITFL, and that was it. Funk 50's experience is actually typical of the time, if video bootlegs are anything to go by.

He even remarks upon it in the Tokyo 1989 bootleg when he jokes that people seem to like to see him drum, so he'll do it for the encore - the clear implication is that he's only doing it to please them. It is evident he does not relish the task.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

I have a bootleg cassette of one of Don's shows from Japan. I'd have to check the date, but he states that he's going back behind the drums for HC and LITFL.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've been meaning to ask this, but I've been forgetting. On disc 2, at 17 minute mark, there's a photo of Glenn sitting in a backwards chair. It's when he talks about being happy doing what he was doing. Does anyone know where that photo is from(I don't recognize it), and if there's a copy or screenshot of it online?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm going by his hairstyle, I'm going to say between 88 to 92 because he had his hair like that between those years. If I saw if he had a ring on, I would say the 90 to 92. Its probably between 90 to 92.