Page 156 of 213 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Well, my karma turned good. I stayed in the car while my mom went into Walmart. I checked out the local radio stations, and the one out of Tallahassee, Florida played One of these Nights.

ETA : now the rock station out of Albany, Georgia (closest city) is playing Life's Been Good.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 06-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I was dozing off, listening to the radio. All of a sudden, I hear the dj say "Ive got some solo Glenn Frey coming up for ya in a bit". At first, I thought that I'd dreamed it up. Ten minutes later, I hear the opening of Smuggler's Blues playing.

(I apologize to my mom and my pets for my terrible singing of that song)
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

It was my sister's birthday today so we celebrated with a couple of friends and went as we call it - junking looking for treasures. At one of the antique stores, when I walked in I heard Visions and then After The Thrill Is Gone. I walked around the corner and sure enough, they were playing a One Of These Nights vinyl. I told my sister & friends that I was going to like that antique shop.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Not a new story but I don't think I've mentioned this before and it's a good one I think!

When on holiday last summer in Spain at the hotel I was staying at with my family, there was always some form of entertainment outside every evening. This varied from night to night - they had traditional flamenco dancers one night, for instance - but on one evening there was a guitarist playing songs, mostly in English, playing (if I remember rightly) a Fender Stratocaster. After playing a few songs, he started playing a rather familiar guitar introduction - Hotel California! He played the full song and did a very decent job on the solos. The song was reworked so as to include the name of the hotel in the chorus (it scanned quite well fortunately) and although a couple of the lyrics weren't quite right it was a highly enjoyable performance.

He also played the Dire Straits song So Far Away, With A Little Help By My Friends and IIRC a couple of Santana tunes as well. It was definitely my favourite of the events they put on, that's for sure, but HC was the clear highlight as far as I was concerned.

Last night, while waiting on the fireworks to start, my mom and I were listening to the radio. Due to our location, the only station that we could get in was an oldies station that plays hits from the 50s-80s. This station had a theme going of "all songs American or Summer related". (Songs like God Bless the USa by Lee Greenwood, Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett or We're an American Band by Grand Funk Railroad). I was taken aback when I heard the opening intro to Boys of Summer. (It fits in with the summer theme). Surprisingly, I didn't hear any Eagles songs!
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Watching my Bucs play the Cards, and after we struck out their pitcher and their first batter was coming to the plate, they played Glenn's "The Heat Is On." It definitely was, Carpenter hit a home run to put them up 2-1.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

OK. I just had a "I can't believe I doubted that it was an Eagle singing this song."

OK. SO I'm watching Leaving Las Vegas and Come Rain or Come Shine starts playing. I was like, "Wait is that, Don? It sounds like Don." So my crazy self Wikipedia Leaving Las Vegas to see if that was Don and sure nuff that was Don singing Come Rain or Shine. I didn't know he was part of that soundtrack.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-12-2015 at 08:26 AM.

I didn't know that, either!
    VK

PNC Park just played Take It Easy here in the 13th inning of the Cards - Pirates game.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    PNC Park just played Take It Easy here in the 13th inning of the Cards - Pirates game.
    Missed it, VA! Babysitting the grandson and had to go to bed when he did! You just never know how good he is going to sleep! As it turns out he slept through the night. And we lost! Not too sorry I missed it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten