Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everybody!!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Hi everybody!!

Wow! I feel like I'm home among my people! I am truely obsessed with The Boys (as I call them) and especially my Joey.. ok.. so I guess I can share him. I did have the wonderful opportunity to get to talk to Joe and Tim on the on line chat on August 1! It was very exciting! I was even there early.. ok.. an hour and 15 minutes early, but it was well worth it as Joe showed up about 5 minutes early! So.. the sound wasnt working.. but hey, there was his pretty face and he waved "Hi!" when I typed "Hi Joe!" and he asked if I could hear him I typed "nope" and he said (or mouthed) "Nope" off camera then made the "just a second" gesture and POOF! disappeared but then POOF! he reappeared only a few minutes (and a few screen refreshes) later! He even said "Hi Rhonda in OR-A-GONE" (I forgive him the mispronunciation as I lived in New York and New Jersey for 3 years and know what that can do to a person's dialog... it's pronounced OR-EE-GUN Joe.. if you read this..) WHAT a great suprise to see Tim! He even said "Hi Rhonda!" when I typed "Hi Timmy!"
    Anyhow, it was probably one of the greatest moments of my Eagles/Joe obsession and Joe and Tim did answer several of my questions. Tim was about to tell me who he liked to read when Joe interupted him, but I'll forgive him because I love him.
    Other then that, I had the great experience of seeing the Boys in concert wayyy back in 2005 when they were LAST here in Portland. I loved it! I was very sad when Joe said they would not be returning to Portland any time soon, but I always have the Farwell 1 tour video, the Being fabulous video and the How Long Video as well as the complete discology of the Guys AND Joe ,his adorable little self, to keep me company, all of which are loaded to my Ipod.
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community and sharing in this somewhat consumptive but surely very healthy obsession! and... if you're reading this.. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Default Re: Hi everybody!!

Welcome, Rhonda!

I so wanted to go to that chat. How cool that they not only answered a lot of your questions, but addressed you personally!

We'd be happy to help fan the flames of your obsession, and we can all be consumed together.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Rhonda and how cool that Joe and Timmy spoke with you. Hope you join in often here.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hi Rhonda and welcome from one Joe fan to another! I saw him last August at the state fair and am looking forward to seeing all the guys in Chicago on Sept. 24. It's getting close now - can't wait!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hi Rhonda, so glad you have found us! Welcome from Dublin, where we have just had the wettest summer on record!! I'm glad you are enjoying the board. What a cool chat you were in. As you've probably guessed, Glenn is my favourite, but I love them, all, and Joe is really cool! Have fun here and enjoy the Chicago gig!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome Rhonda! Glad you found us!

That's very cool that you got to chat with Joe and Tim! I didn't get to join the chat and was very bummed.

I'm going to the St. Louis show on Sept. 20th. Can't wait as it's been 4 very long years since I saw them. Have fun in Chicago!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Welcome, Rhonda! We're glad you are here!

Welcome Rhonda!
    Have a lot of fun here!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Hi Rhonda, and welcome to the Border! Glad you've found us fellow Eagles nuts! I'm over the pond in England (where the weather has been as bad as in Dublin) and saw the guys on March 20 at the O2 Arena in London, together with fellow Borderites Glennsallnighter and Mrs Frey. This is a great place to meet new friends and celebrate our common fandom.

Eagles Forever!!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Talking Re: Hi everybody!!

Wow! what a great welcome! thanks everybody.
    Im not going to the show in Chicago, I wish I was. My cousin LIVES in Chicago and I'd go in a hot second but I doubt the Hubby would fork out the cash for wifey-poo to follow her object of lust across the country *grin*
    I *think* it was Pretty Maid who said she was seeing the Boys in Chicago (Lucky LUCKY Girl!) and she saw Joe at the Fair?? How cool is that? I might get to see Willy Nelson *gak* but CCR will be there too! so maybe I can miss Willy and catch CCR (Credence Clear Water Revival, except they're calling it Revisited so they must have replaced a member or two....or three...)
    Anyhow, no Eagles so it's all a moot point.
    Ok, Kids are awake, time to do the Mom thing. Thanks again for the warm reception! I'll be popping in as much as possible!