Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello :)

Default Hello :)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rebecca. I'm not sure how I initially got into the Eagles really. My parents had a tape of Hotel California and I remember looking at it as a kid, being intrigued by the cover picture. Over the years I'd always loved songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California and Take It To The Limit. The first cd I bought for myself was maybe a year and a half ago? It was The Complete Greatest Hits. It was strange though, I barely listened to it and even when I did it was only a few songs. Then my family went on holiday, it as a huge car trip, I put the first cd on and that was it, I hate to sound dramatic but I fell in love with them. I listened to the cds over and over, and as soon as I got back I began buying any cd that was available. Then I was lucky enough to get a record player for my birthday and so that began me buying as many records as I could. My favourite members are Joe and Tim. I came across this forum one day and well, have sort of been lurking for awhile I guess. You all seem so nice, so I thought I might as well join! It's so good to find a place like this; I only know a couple of people offline who like the Eagles.

Whew. I'm never sure what to say on these things.

Hello though!

Out on the Border

Welcome, Rebecca ! New Zealand, huh ? You never know, they might have a concert there some day.

Default Re: Hello :)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnroses
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rebecca. I'm not sure how I initially got into the Eagles really. My parents had a tape of Hotel California and I remember looking at it as a kid, being intrigued by the cover picture. Over the years I'd always loved songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California and Take It To The Limit. The first cd I bought for myself was maybe a year and a half ago? It was The Complete Greatest Hits. It was strange though, I barely listened to it and even when I did it was only a few songs. Then my family went on holiday, it as a huge car trip, I put the first cd on and that was it, I hate to sound dramatic but I fell in love with them. I listened to the cds over and over, and as soon as I got back I began buying any cd that was available. Then I was lucky enough to get a record player for my birthday and so that began me buying as many records as I could. My favourite members are Joe and Tim. I came across this forum one day and well, have sort of been lurking for awhile I guess. You all seem so nice, so I thought I might as well join! It's so good to find a place like this; I only know a couple of people offline who like the Eagles.

Whew. I'm never sure what to say on these things.

Hello though!

Welcome Rebecca!!!
    Welcome to The Border, glad you want to join us!!
    Maybe the Eagles will visit you over there someday!!!

Have a great time here!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the Border! We're so glad you've decided to introduce yourself and tell us how you got into the Eagles. I am probably about the same age as your parents, but I bought the Complete Greatest Hits three years ago and completely got back in to their music after that (not to mention enjoying the booklet that came with it!) Do you have the Farewell 1 dvd? That was filmed in Melbourne in 2004, last time they toured 'down under'. It looks as if they might visit Australia in the next couple of years, so hopefully they'll include New Zealand as well. Btw, I love your username!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, Rebecca - We're glad you decided to join us here on The Border. It's a great community of fans and feel free to join right in. I had never heard of The Complete Greatest Hits CD that you and gef mentioned, but it sounds as if it is the same as "The Very Best of" CD - probably the same CD marketed under a different name in different countries. Anyway, I think a lot of fans were "re-introduced" to band's music with that CD like you were. And just an FYI - Joe mentioned in his online chat on Friday night that the Eagles may be coming to New Zealand next year so you may be in luck.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ive always been a dreamer--thanks for the info, I sure hope they come to NZ! And The Border definitely does look like a great community of fans, I'm really glad I joined!

glenneaglesfan--I too love the booklet that came with Complete Greatest Hits, particularly the picture on the back cover I have the Farewell 1 dvd (isn't it a great dvd?) and the Hell Freezes Over one too. And thanks for the compliment, I always have a hard time thinking up usernames for things. I'm also a fan of Guns N Roses though, so I figured it sort of worked.

And thanks Siny and Mrs Henley too for such a warm welcome!

Welcome, Rebecca! We are glad to have you here!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome and YIPPEE!!!! you also like Guns N Roses. One of my very favorite bands also!!! I love Slash, Duff and Steven Adler!!! Anyways, it is always great to see new members who share our interest here. I can tell you from experience since I am a long time fan but newbie on The Border, everyone is so nice here and make you welcome to join in.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks DonFan!

TimothyBFan--am I in luck! This is great, I join The Border and end up meeting someone who shares my liking for another of my favourite bands.

Thank you again for the welcome, DonFan and TimothyBFan

Stuck on the Border

Welcome from another Antipodean, Rebecca. I live in Sydney.

Complete Greatest Hits is indeed the same as the Very Best Of.