Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthquake!

Brooke and Soda, I'm just glad you are both fine. I've been fortunate to never have experienced anything like that (earthquakes don't happen in South Africa, thank God), so I can only imagine how scary it was for the two of you.

Soda, I was so touched when I read one of your first thoughts: "Who will feed my cat?!" Awwwwww...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Oddly, I slept right through it! My whole family did. I didn't even know about it until my co-workers were talking about it! I must have been tired from staying up late reading Felder's book.
    The things we do in the name of 'research' LTL!

I'm glad you and your co workers came out unscathed.

MF we don't get earthquakes over here either ....... except once! There was one in 1985 which people in Dublin felt. We were in Cork (250 Km south) on holidays at the time and felt nothing!! It wasn't very strong anyway!

But never say never!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

We generally don't have earthquakes in Australia either but there was a severe one in my hometown of Newcastle in 1989. (I wasn't living there but my mother was). People were killed and in my mind the city (which was suffering from the closure of the steelworks anyway) never recovered. When you walk down the lower half of the main street it's like a war zone. The recent floods didn't help it either.

You don't normally associate earhquakes with Australia. I'm sad to hear that there were casualties in the Newcastle event. It's merciful to hear no one was killed this time.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...