Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 3E Parties

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: 3E Parties

Do ya'll remember in Don Felder's book he said the women were made to leave a group member's bed after a certain time? They weren't "allowed" to spend the whole night. I wonder how such a thing was enforced; did Irv go around with a baseball bat and roust them out? Not likely.

Maybe Felder just said that to appease his wife somewhat.

@NMB -- Probably so. LOLOL. I expect there were a lot of girls sneaking out in the early mornings. The fun part would have been to go back to the hotel about 6 a.m. and see how many girls came out the side door. Hehehe.

Default Re: Why Glenn Frey is my Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    Wow! what a cool souvenir!! Hopefully you can figure how to post a pic. I worked with someone who's sister ran away from home in the 70's and followed the Eagles on tour. I'm pretty sure she went to the after parties.

I too would just go to observe.
    Wow, did she ever tell you any stories about the band?

I wasn't born yet, so I don't know what my 70s self would have done, LOL, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone to a 3E party either...although if Glenn had asked me personally, I'm not sure I would have had the will power to say no...

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Holy Crap HB - You have a 3E pin ! Pippin, myself and a couple of others (Dawn & Brooke I think) were all talking about the 3E parties and whether we would go if we had been given a pin. We all said yes. We all agreed we pretty much would have sat around and just taken things in. Sounds like you have the same kind of pin Tim was wearing in pictures posted here. Who gave you the pin, was it an Eagles roadie ? I think it's safe to say we hope one of these days someone will post here about their 3E party experience.
    Hmmm...Timothy and a 3E pin....

*cough* Mind. Gutter. Out.

LOL

It seems fair to say among all the girls who got the invite and actually showed up there would be some who were not running for the door. And really, who can forget the naked chick who somehow made her way onto the stage at one of their live concerts. Their then wives and girlfriends could not have been all that amused, it was pretty gross but not all that shocking IMHO

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Dawn LOL. That was the 70's! Freakin nude people running around everywhere. She was probably stoned out of her mind. The guys looked pretty uninterested if I remember correctly.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Dawn LOL. That was the 70's! Freakin nude people running around everywhere. She was probably stoned out of her mind. The guys looked pretty uninterested if I remember correctly.
    Yep, very true though I doubt they were totally oblivious ... you know all in a day's work ... living the dream. Where would she pin the 3e button though, assuming she was given one ... I mean if anyone was gonna get one you'd think it would be her lol.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    Wow! what a cool souvenir!! Hopefully you can figure how to post a pic. I worked with someone who's sister ran away from home in the 70's and followed the Eagles on tour. I'm pretty sure she went to the after parties.

I too would just go to observe.
    Wow, I would love to hear what she had to say about the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Do ya'll remember in Don Felder's book he said the women were made to leave a group member's bed after a certain time? They weren't "allowed" to spend the whole night. I wonder how such a thing was enforced; did Irv go around with a baseball bat and roust them out? Not likely.

Maybe Felder just said that to appease his wife somewhat.
    Wow, could you imagine, you finally got to meet "your guy" and your spending time with him thinking you have the whole night and then some...and then...Wham, you gotta go! Dream crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Wow, did she ever tell you any stories about the band?

I wasn't born yet, so I don't know what my 70s self would have done, LOL, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone to a 3E party either...although if Glenn had asked me personally, I'm not sure I would have had the will power to say no...
    Unfortunately I never got to speak with my friend's sister at length in any situation. Maybe someday I'll get to bump into her again.