Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Pippin--I'm 10 years older than you, so I guess I'm well into my dotage...

Well said WF88 could not agree more.

Second, Fan Power isn't just a catchy phrase. Fans are consumers. Concerts are a product, something bought and paid for with our hard earned money. I would imagine most fans who end up spending a small fortune on concert tickets would be just as happy GIVEN THE OPTION to have paid considerably less. Problem is there aren't alot of options. Affordable means the least desirable seats.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    It really irks me to, MaryCalifornia. First of all because I don't agree with it and in my opinion name calling is something that you shouldn't be doing past 2nd or 3rd grade because at that age you know what you are doing is both hurtful and wrong.
    It's a potential criticism Don himself recognized.

Don Henley: "It would just seem like greed or something."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.b76121a86374

I can understand why such criticism of the band irks people. I can understand why one could perceive it as unfair.

However, to equate it with schoolyard name calling is rather reductive, IMHO. It is a criticism that has been leveled at them by more than a few people, and not just here on this board.

Besides, who am I to judge their business decisions?
    Their potential customer.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    I agree Dawn, that these concerts are aimed primarily at boomers, but find it interesting that the average age is 51. At 51, these people wouldn't have been old enough to see these "nostalgia" or legacy acts the first time around. Of course average age isn't the same as median age. I'm sure many younger fans brings down the average age. My youngest son, who is 28 has become Eagle obsessed in the last couple of years and attended the Eagles concert in Louisville with me. I saw several others who looked to be parent/child combinations. At least I hope that's what they were...Yikes!
    I think the band picked up younger fans during the HFO tour and even the HOTE tour and are now appealing to a wider country music audience. I don't know.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-21-2017 at 01:57 AM.

@MyMy --

Love that line from "Fried Green Tomatoes": "I'm old and I have more insurance."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @MyMy --

Love that line from "Fried Green Tomatoes": "I'm old and I have more insurance."
    LOL! Great movie, great scene! Loved the cast!

Border Desperado

I don't judge a lot of businesses with regard to prices. I do judge them if I think they are harming our environment or our most vulnerable citizens. Its always been pretty easy for me....if I don't want to pay the price that is being asked then I don't become a customer. No judgement, no criticism, and no sale.

I don't care how many adults in life resort to name calling. It doesn't make it right or acceptable. I did not say nor did I mean to imply that it was happening on or was exclusive to this board. Almost everywhere you look today--in the news or on the internet-- there is a disproportionate amount of name calling among adults and I will personally always find it disturbing and distasteful.

Maybe others assessment about the band and greed contains some truth and maybe it doesn't. In the absence of any actual facts or proof, (all there are to offer are opinions) it irks me that people have labeled them as greedy. We all know that sometimes what someone perceives as the "truth" is not necessarily the actual "truth".

I hope that this thread will continue to be a place where everyone can freely express their thoughts and feelings about the ticket prices. It has been very informative and enjoyable to read. I'll miss not seeing the future comments as I will be leaving in the morning for a month of traveling to various locations to spend time with loved ones--which also means a welcomed break from social media as well.
    Last edited by WKMB55; 12-21-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The consumer...the person they are selling to, has every right to say how wrong it is and deny said product. I have no problem judging them, they are public figures, and it's a business trying to make money. Just like I wouldn't buy from a store that was bigotous or had a CEO that was racist. Same thing. When you are the one buying, you have every right to speak against it or review it if you did buy it. Much like the consumer is always right, the buyer will always have more rights to speak negatively of the seller, but a seller bashing a buyer will always work to their disadvantage. It may not be fair to them, but it's just how it is.
    I'm sorry but I can't let this go by. They're being judged the same as racists because they have high ticket prices (which is the topic of the thread) or because they're continuing without Glenn? Either way, I can't even believe the comparison.

Border Rebel

Pippin--That's one of my favorite movie lines of all time! I've thought it in my head during various situations. It's my "Don't mess with me" mantra!

WKMB55--Have a great trip and safe travels.

Stuck on the Border

The most I'd accuse them of is being detached. That the tickets are selling demonstrates that they are affordable for a large enough part of the population to make it worth their while. If anyone is choosing to spend money on luxuries rather than essentials, that's their own problem.