Thread: Arnold Palmer

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Arnold Palmer

World-famous pro Golfing legend Arnold Palmer has died. He was 87 years old. No cause of death has, as of yet, been announced.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/sp...tionfront&_r=0

May he rest in peace.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Arnold Palmer

He seemed like a true gentleman & the golf world has lost a great ambassador & legend. My thoughts & prayers to his family. RIP Mr Palmer

Arnold Palmer seemed to me a very charming man and a class act. May he rest in peace.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

It's sad to lose one of the biggest names in golf. RIP, Mr. Palmer.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

RIP Arnold, very sad to hear this. An absolute great of the game and a gentleman. Although he was at his best long before I was born, I was impressed to read that he was still playing well into his seventies.

When I was much younger I used to enjoy playing my Dad's golf game on the computer. I tried to play against Arnold, under the mistaken impression that he was just some random guy (rather than the one of the greatest players of all time, and a formidable opponent). He kept beating me and I got so annoyed that I deleted him from the game! I now look back on that with a mix of amusement and shame - as far as bad sportsmanship is concerned, deleting an opponent takes thing onto a new level.

In more recent, mellower times where anyone with the temerity to beat me does not live in fear of being deleted, the Bay Hill Club & Lodge (home of the annual Arnold Palmer Invitational) has become one of my favourites to play on the PlayStation.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

RIP Arnold Palmer. Such a great golfer and I love the drink he invented (half lemonade and half iced tea). Such a sad day yesterday in the sports world with both Arnold and baseball player Jose Fernandez passing away.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

RIP Arnold Palmer. What a true class act. He will be missed.