Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

OT: Who did you see when you were there: anyone good?

I saw some country guy I'd never heard of - it was really just to check out the venue. It's a neat little place. I imagine they were playing the same music on the PA as they were back in the club's glory days: Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Sounds good to me, HB! I'm up for anything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

NMB - When we were at The Troubadour, we saw Sawyer Fredericks a musician/singer who had just won The Voice. And I cannot remember her name but a singer who came in second place behind Sawyer opened for him.
    Standing on stage playing the guitar with his long brown hair and cute boyish looks, Sawyer reminded us a lot of a young Glenn when he was starting out. He also sang a song he wrote called "Take It All".
    It was a lot of fun that night but also somewhat sad with Glenn so much on our minds.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

He's a talented cutie pie.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

If the general consensus is that we will go to this show thats fine by me. I haven't been IN the Troubadour as yet - it had just closed the time I was there with Soda and FP. When I was in LA in the summer I didn't try as we had the kids with us and they were tired (It was about 12am)
    Its right beside Dan Tana's too so we could factor in a meal there and then the show?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Correct GA. Or the other way around as Dan Tana's is open until 1:00a.m.
    If we plan to go into The Troubadour, this would probably be the only way. The first time I went they had a show that night and would not let us in because we were not "with the band".

I'm in!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Correct GA. Or the other way around as Dan Tana's is open until 1:00a.m.
    If we plan to go into The Troubadour, this would probably be the only way. The first time I went they had a show that night and would not let us in because we were not "with the band".
    Either way works foe me. Because I will only be in LA for about 48 hours I'll be on my permanent strange time zone anyway so time will be immaterial!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Rest up because it will be party time in LA & we will definitely be on the run for those 48 hours!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I don't know how others feel, but I would like for all of us that are going to maybe get in chat one evening and start discussing the details of the trip to make sure we are all on the same page.

If everyone is interested in doing that, let us know and we can try to find some time that works for everyone.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016