Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I love this idea and so wish I could go. One day I will get out to California but got to have the money first and get over my plane phobia.
    I hear you on the plane phobia...I used to LOVE flying until two things happened. 1. 9/11 and 2. A pilot saying over the speakers on our plane "Due to weather conditions we cannot land in Chicago, and we cannot keep circling as we are running LOW ON FUEL.....we will go to Detroit to refuel and then go back to Chicago. I NEVER want to hear the words of a pilot saying we are running low on fuel...especially since it wasn't a dire situation. But with my anxiety it about did me in. I was bawling on the plane. Luckily family was with me.

Nowadays I take 2 Klonopin about an hour before the plane is scheduled to leave and I sleep through the flight comfortably. I tried flying after that fuel incident without anything and I was a mess, again.

Not saying drugs are always the answer but it's made me able to fly. I certainly couldn't without it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

I would love to go to this Soda but unfortunately I can't right now.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would definitely hope to go. My main issue would be minimising the amount of time I have to take off work but even if I'm only really there for the Saturday I'm determined to be a part of this.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would absolutely LOVE to do this! Must check my work schedule. Hubby isn't a big traveler so this would be great to do with like minded fans!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I'm definitely interested! I can't commit yet (family commitments might throw a curve ball) but I would love to meet and reminisce with like minded fans.

NMB - sorry I didn't answer your question earlier but as HB said, we weren't big fans of the food. The history was cool, though.

I'm so excited to see interest! You might want to check out Southwest for deals if you're flying in. They have a sale on in some airports until Thursday. This will be great!

Additional note to those flying: we'll probably do Joshua Tree Sunday morning and that takes several hours, so if you want to do that, make sure your departing flight is not earlier than late afternoon Sunday. I'm leaving Monday morning myself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that it's great to see some interest in this trip. I hope that many Borderers will be able to join us - the more, the merrier.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So I've never been to Ca. Fly in to Lax on Friday and out on Monday?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's what I'm doing. I'll get there late Friday and leave early Monday.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh how exciting, Brooke! California is awesome.